ATEM Mini Pro Streaming Freeze.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Løre_Norge

ATEM Mini Pro Streaming Freeze.

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Hey All,

I have just experienced my streaming freezing on me. :shock: I have gone live, not an issue, but when I have been trying to take my stream offline, it has begun to freeze. I have pushed the button on the ATEM and re-attempted in the ATEM software, but to no avail and I have had to pull the power on it. It is strange, the other functions work fine: switching video, down/upstreaming, avf etc. Just not the "OFF" for the streaming.

Is there something that I am not understanding in this process, do I need to wait, if there is buffered information waiting to be piped through, till that is all gone? Or is the button meant to serve as the killswitch for the livestream?

Could it be that a Macro function that I have be inhibiting it?

And, Yes, the ATEM is all up to date.

Thanks all!
8-)
Patrick.
Patrick Webb ~ Heapsgood Productions Norway – Telemark – Live Video Production. www.Heapsgood.no

simonpl

Re: ATEM Mini Pro Streaming Freeze.

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Hey guys,

after updating our ATEM Mini Pro to Firmware 8.4 I experienced the same issue. It worked before updating but after updating I experienced this once. After pulling the plug and rebooting the device it worked (Difference: When the issue occured the stream ran about 20 minutes, my test after the reboot only took about 10 seconds).

Regards,

Simon

Ian Morrish

PostWed Aug 05, 2020 6:30 am

Try logging all the atem info to see if there is a pattern of bitrate or buffer issue just before it fails.
https://wp.me/p1c1R6-tr

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Technology.countryside

PostSun Sep 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi, having the same issue with our ATEM Mini Pro. Switching still works fine but the recording to external drive and the livestream to YouTube freezes and you can't turn them off on the unit. Only way to regain control is to pull the power, which is obviously not a viable solution mid-live production. Has anyone found a solution? Was it just a bug in the software upgrade???

Please help!!

checomx

PostFri May 27, 2022 6:35 pm

It happened to me yesterday just 10 minutes before go online! it was so stressing, I have had to pull the power on it. It is strange, the other functions work fine: switching video, down/upstreaming, avf etc. Just not the "OFF" for the streaming.
Did you find the solution or the cause of this?

checomx

PostFri May 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Ian Morrish wrote:Try logging all the atem info to see if there is a pattern of bitrate or buffer issue just before it fails.
https://wp.me/p1c1R6-tr

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Found the cause or solution to his?

Something similar for macintosh?

Raphaël Jacquot

PostSat May 28, 2022 2:46 pm

in my experience, the streamer needs to empty the cache on closing the stream, then only when the cache is empty, the stream stops.

njdrew17

PostSun May 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Our solution was to wipe the firmware on the blackmagic mini pro and roll back our software version to 8.6.0. Then launch the software with the ATEM in the firmware reset mode and upload the firmware that is requested when you start the application. That made our stream smooth as normal.

User2021

PostSun Oct 16, 2022 8:52 pm

My first streaming issues began today after upgrading the software to 8.6.1 this week.
I will try a downgrade.

Peter

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Return to Live Production