I am Complaining - It can't be just me- Something is wrong

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mcottam

I am Complaining - It can't be just me- Something is wrong

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 7:55 am

Hello Blackmagic. I've spent some time putting a project together. I've purchased a few pieces of gear from Blackmagic in China. I live in Xi'an. But I'm British.

I just received the new ATEM ISO SDI.

Here is my complaint. I first got an ISO HDMI MINI, I had to send it back because the HDMI 1 was dead. I then got an ISO Extreme and I recently found the HDMI Output 2 was dead, but I had never used it, I only have one monitor. Now the new ISO Extreme SDI has arrived to replace the broken HDMI version and it has something loose inside it and it makes a load vibrating noise when you hit the keys.

So that is three ATEM Switches that have been bad out of four. I'm glad to say the Hyperdeck Shuttle and Hyperdeck HD have been OK, as well as my two 4K Cameras. But three faulty ATEM'S in a row is a bit of a concern.

I would like Blackmagic to consider replacing or fixing my older ATEM HDMI, as a curiosity (out of warranty) and replacing my new ATEM SDI ISO's as it is obvious that something is totally wrong here.

I am a long and loyal customer and I feel the service has been somewhat suspicious. The people have been nice and considerate, but there is defiantly something wrong somewhere.

I trust you understand my concern and situation and that you can fix my equipment so I can finish my one-year project. If you can't I will be talking to the Australian Office of Blackmackic and seeking answers there.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Michael

floh79

Re: I am Complaining - It can't be just me- Something is wro

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 3:53 pm

Just for your information, this is a USER forum. If you want to contact BMD, then email support.

Best regards
Floh

mcottam

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 3:15 am

That makes total sense, sorry for my mistake. I understand I am not a USER because the products I spent $3000 on don't yet work. I will come back here if I ever get a working ATEM. Thank You.

floh79

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 9:00 am

I fully understand your frustration. But you're still a user per definition, since you use their products. Or better said: You're trying to use the products. ;)

I wish you good luck, that you can get a functional device soon. Three faulty devices in a row... ouch... :(

Best regards
Floh

Xtreemtec

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 1:29 pm

mcottam wrote:That makes total sense, sorry for my mistake. I understand I am not a USER because the products I spent $3000 on don't yet work. I will come back here if I ever get a working ATEM. Thank You.

At least you did not lost your english sense of humor :lol: :lol:

It has always be known that the Quality control on products has not been very trough..
A lot of people receive DOA devices or with a defect..

It's part of the you get what you pay for.. You wont see this often with a Sony cam or a Grass Valley mixer.. But there you pay also for a burn in and test periode handled a by a Tech to verify your device is complete up to spec and everything works like it should.

Whole different price range!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

YakShaver

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 3:18 am

This is a user forum and users should know the issues that seem to plague ATEM SID devices.

I have returned my first unit because the fan was rattling. I suspect it was not installed correctly.
I got a second unit. None of the input ports are working. Output seems to be fine since you can
display signal generated by images in the media library.

I will be sending the second unit back to the retailer. Super frustrating.

Return to Live Production