Atem 4 M/E - Zoom into source?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

changethursday

Atem 4 M/E - Zoom into source?

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Hey there - I have the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K. Id like to set the camera up on a 2 shot as my wide, and then zoom in to get 2x 1 shots (1 on each presenter) within the mixer itself, and be able to switch between the 3, so in effect I get 3 shots from 1 source.

Is that possible, and how so I go about it on this ATEM? I keep finding info about doing it with the ATEM mini but the process doesn't seem to directly apply here.

Thanks!

Howard Roll

Re: Atem 4 M/E - Zoom into source?

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Use the DVE keyer then store keyer parameters as macros. Each “shot” is a PTZ keyer config.

Good Luck

changethursday

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Cool - I was able to do it without macros - I can cut from the wide to a tight shot by turning the key on or off, but I can't jump from one tight shot to another (like a reaction shot) without first going back to the wide (turning the key off).

I tried recording a macro of just key 1 on, and then another of just key 2 on, but it won't let you cut from one to another.

Any ideas?

Seth322

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 6:44 pm

Instead ot turning the key off to switch tight shots, you could create macros to simply change the source of the key, and even the positioning of the DVE, so you simply use those macros to switch tight shots and don't turn the key off.

Howard Roll

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 pm

There's only one DVE, it can only be assigned to a single keyer. The macros would be key presets for the same keyer. You'll be able to hard cut between any pip and fullscreen using the macros that define the PTZ of the DVE. No dissolves between pips as that would require a 2nd DVE.

Good Luck

changethursday

PostMon Dec 12, 2022 1:33 pm

Thanks yall!

Return to Live Production