Can the ATEM create a multicam timeline?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sophocles

Can the ATEM create a multicam timeline?

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 3:24 am

Can the ATEM create a multicam timeline rather than just a cut timeline?

I'd rather have that so that I can switch angles in post when I need to, such as add a few more cuts, etc., than was done in the live switch.

It's nice to have a timeline, but it's more limiting having just the cuts rather than a multicam where it's possible to switch to any of the 8 cameras in post.

Thanks!

Xtreemtec

Re: Can the ATEM create a multicam timeline?

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 9:45 am

Euh is EDL not just that what you asking for?

BMD does not do proper EDL logging.. But there are tools for that, Free and paid. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

sophocles

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 pm

No. But I did find another thread with users with the same problem. I'd searched before posting this, but couldn't find it then....

Here's a longer thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120425&hilit=convert+timeline+into+multicam

Babs J

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:37 pm

Isn't that what the ISO line of products do? individual camera recordings which can be sync in post to produce another version of the recorded show.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

sophocles

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 8:07 pm

It isn't. It creates a timeline with hard cuts. If you want to change the angle, you have to sync the clips.

Yes, it does ISO the cameras, from which you can manually create a multicam and start over on your edit. But it would be a much better workflow to get a multicam timeline where you can just tweak what you already have.

So, you can slide an edit, but can't switch an angle, pregrade an angle, slip a camera for better audio sync, etc.

For my question, the answer is no; for your answer, yes, but not the best way.

Babs J

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 8:29 pm

sophocles wrote:It isn't. It creates a timeline with hard cuts. If you want to change the angle, you have to sync the clips.

Yes, it does ISO the cameras, from which you can manually create a multicam and start over on your edit. But it would be a much better workflow to get a multicam timeline where you can just tweak what you already have.

So, you can slide an edit, but can't switch an angle, pregrade an angle, slip a camera for better audio sync, etc.

For my question, the answer is no; for your answer, yes, but not the best way.

Got you.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Return to Live Production