Upgrade | Update questions

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Yeetus

Upgrade | Update questions

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some insight on the best course of action.
I have an ATEM Television Studio HD connected up to an Intel Mac ( Mid 2011, 10.13.6)

Im wanting to get something new to make sure we dont fall behind (using ATEM Software Control version 8.0)
My main concern is the use of an M1 Mac with our switcher. Do we need a decimator to make it all work or is there another switcher that would be better suited for this?

Let me know what information is needed if there are questions. We have 3 cameras and a computer feed via HDMI. also have a text stream layer. All of this is getting pushed to boxcast for our live stream.

I dont have a lot of knowledge on this, but I was tasked by the music director to get something new for our production team to run lives from

Best,

ettnoll

Re: Upgrade | Update questions

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 4:52 am

It sounds like you are looking to upgrade for the sake of upgrading? If your main concern is the computer's performance you won't have any problems using your TVS HD with a M1 Mac Mini. You can set the display output to the same resolution and framerate as the cameras in the computer's settings the same way you do today - no Decimator needed!

Return to Live Production