ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD Bricked?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

japalie

ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD Bricked?

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Hi there,

I've purchased a new ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD first thing I did was updating the Firmware as the Software 9.0.1 asked to do before i can use the newest version of the ATEM Software Control.
During the Update via Ethernet (direct connection) the Software on my Laptop told me that the update was failed.
I tried updating the firmware again and again without any success, because the device was not found on the Network and also not via USB.

The Network link came not up again and the display and buttons on the front panel will staying dark.
Only the two LED on the Ethernet port will be active.

I tried to get in the emergency / recovery mode but i was not able to get into it. Maybe i did something wrong.
Is the device bricked or can i recover it?

Had someone the same issue with the device?
How can i get into the recovery mode of the Constellation? Maybe that would be my biggest problem

I tried to update the Firmware with a Macbook Pro and a Windows Device. I tried also multiple USB-C Cables and also USB-A to USB-C Cables.

As always such things happens before an event so i would be very happy if i can bring it back to life. Otherwise I'll will have a lot of fun with a load of ATEM minis on my desk to bring the show live as the client wished :D

Thanks for help

japalie

Re: ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD Bricked?

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 2:38 pm

The Problem is already solves so far.
I have to send the device to BMD.

Robert de Wit

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 2:46 pm

Reading Release Notes is important:

ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD

Includes UVC support for the ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD.
Corrects headphone output channel swap.
Fixes missing tally for inputs 9 - 40
General performance and stability updates.

With other words this is only for the 4 M/E Constellation HD and not for the 2 M/E version.
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
HP Z840 dual Xeon 28 core, 96GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, RAID set, GTX3060/12GB (Studio Driver), Win10 Pro (22H2), Speed Editor, Alphatrack, RME Digiface USB, Surround Controller, 5.1 Monitoring.

Howard Roll

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 10:45 pm

Robert de Wit wrote:Reading Release Notes is important:

ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD

Includes UVC support for the ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD.
Corrects headphone output channel swap.
Fixes missing tally for inputs 9 - 40
General performance and stability updates.

With other words this is only for the 4 M/E Constellation HD and not for the 2 M/E version.

It’s not. Blackmagic doesn’t delineate updates between models or versions. The latest update installs the latest firmware for all models. It’s not a great system and it wouldn’t be the first time that an update fixed a problem on a new product and broke something on an older one.

Good Luck

ManchesterV

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Not 100% certain on Constellation HD but on other ATEMs you can hold down SET whilst powering up. This will force it into recovery mode. Try the software again after that.

Return to Live Production