LivePush

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

RRRoger

LivePush

PostSun May 14, 2023 4:43 pm

How to add it to ATEM mini Extreme?
This has a free version like ReStream but 1080P instead of 720P
I want to use it for YouTube, FaceBook, and maybe Twitter.
Do I have to use the ATEM like a WebCam?

Jim Simon

Re: LivePush

PostMon May 15, 2023 12:06 am

My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

RRRoger

PostSun May 21, 2023 1:37 pm

How do I access the ATEM Software Developers?
I want them to add support for LivePush

AndyMcHardy

PostSun May 21, 2023 1:47 pm

RRRoger wrote:How do I access the ATEM Software Developers?
I want them to add support for LivePush

You don't. We ask for things in posts here and then hope someone pays attention.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

ManchesterV

PostSun May 21, 2023 8:38 pm

John Barker made an XML tool and published tutorials on YouTube a few years ago.

https://heretorecord.com/xml/

Jim Simon

PostSun May 21, 2023 11:00 pm

Hello Everyone. We wanted to post this information about setting up custom streaming services on the ATEM Mini Pro. As it was stated earlier, this is for advanced users with an understanding of how to edit and use XML files. There is a file called "Streaming.XML" that may be modified to change or add services in the ATEM Software Streaming menu. This file is located in the following places:

MacOS: /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers/Streaming.XML

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control\Streaming.XML

These locations are in protected areas of the OS requiring administrater prividleges. When editing this file make a backup of the original just in case something is not working correctly so you can go back. Also note that many of the text editors that come native with the OS may not accurately edit these files and leave hidden control characters causing the file to not read properly. I would not recommend using notepad, wordpad, textedit or any word processor for this purpose. There are plenty of free apps that work just fine.

An experienced XML user will be able to easily identify the fields and make the necessary changes. With this file, you can edit, add or remove the existing choices in the ATEM menu. The available fields for each "Service" include URL, Server, bit rate and key frame interval. You can create several bit rate choices like the current High, Medium or Low. The file provides for the ability to assign two bit rates for each selection. The lower bit rate applies to lower frame rates of 30 fps and less. The higher bit rates would apply to above 30 fps. Once the file is changed and saved, it is necessary to restart the ATEM software. It is not necessary to restart the ATEM Mini Pro. Once a service has been loaded into the ATEM Mini Pro, it will be retained through power cycles until a new service has been loaded.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 22, 2023 10:35 am

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

RRRoger

PostMon May 29, 2023 1:01 pm

Jim Simon wrote:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control\Streaming.XML

An experienced XML user will be able to easily identify the fields and make the necessary changes. With this file, you can edit, add or remove the existing choices in the ATEM menu. The available fields for each "Service" include URL, Server, bit rate and key frame interval. You can create several bit rate choices like the current High, Medium or Low. The file provides for the ability to assign two bit rates for each selection. The lower bit rate applies to lower frame rates of 30 fps and less. The higher bit rates would apply to above 30 fps. Once the file is changed and saved, it is necessary to restart the ATEM software. It is not necessary to restart the ATEM Mini Pro. Once a service has been loaded into the ATEM Mini Pro, it will be retained through power cycles until a new service has been loaded.

What I did is copy and paste the section for YouTube to the bottom of the Streaming.XML file with QXmlEdit.
Then I changed the name, URL and other information to LivePush.
We will see if it works this week.
Roger

RRRoger

PostMon May 29, 2023 7:24 pm

NO Joy
I tried adding the LivePush code above and also copy/paste the one for YouTube in the original file and then changed the server and URL.
both left a plank space where the services should be in the ATEM software control.

Could someone post a link to an edited Streaming.xml file that work with LivePush?

Xtreemtec

PostTue May 30, 2023 6:46 am

RRRoger wrote:NO Joy
I tried adding the LivePush code above and also copy/paste the one for YouTube in the original file and then changed the server and URL.
both left a plank space where the services should be in the ATEM software control.

Could someone post a link to an edited Streaming.xml file that work with LivePush?

Use this tool to get the formatting right!!
https://handig.tdtproductions.nl/tools- ... generator/

Also you might need to remove the last backslash in the server URL from livepush. Some streamers have issues with that closing /
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

RRRoger

PostTue May 30, 2023 3:05 pm

Thanks,
I used the generator and will try LivePush only and also the one where I added FaceBook & YouTube
Roger

RRRoger

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 3:09 pm

Still cannot get LivePush to work either ATEM or WebCam

Return to Live Production