IPv6 Support for ATEM Switchers

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tmoehle

IPv6 Support for ATEM Switchers

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Hey,

does anyone know if IPv6 support for ATEM Switchers is on the roadmap? I could really use it for our event networks.

Thanks for the info!

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: IPv6 Support for ATEM Switchers

PostFri Dec 27, 2019 12:06 am

agreed, IPv4 is going the way of the dodo...

Thomas Seewald

PostFri Dec 27, 2019 6:47 pm

How many IP devices do you have in your local network ? Is IPv6 really needed ?! Which use case ? There are more important feature requests .....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

alexlindsay

PostThu Jan 02, 2020 6:32 pm

This issue that we've seen is that some event support vendors (and corporate teams) are starting to enforce IP6 only.

We've worked around this with our own Routers (which is sometimes also an issue).

When we can, we prefer to enter a venue with a self-contained system that talks to the outside world only when necessary.

a

Cybershadow

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 am

Hi,

Let me quickly exhume this thread.

With the arrival of the ATEM Streaming Bridge, IPv6 support becomes a mandatory feature. Here in Europe, many ISPs provide native IPv6 only. IPv4 connectivity is realised by Dual-Stack Lite (RFC 6333) or NAT64 which means there is no way of getting inbound connections on IPv4. With one third of the world's IP traffic and roundabout half of the traffic in countries like the USA, France, Germany and India being IPv6 by now, not supporting IPv6 is a real shortcoming of BMD's devices.

I can't use the Streaming Bridge for that reason, and I can imagine many other European customers will run into the same problem.
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
Jens Willmroth

filmwiesel

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 12:01 pm

A SIM-card (LTE router) can easily get a fix IPv6 address. So routing high-end realtime video stream from an external studio in any hotel … could theoretically be easy (without, ever, reconfiguring the streaming bridge). But our both ATEM Streaming Bridges can't send to a simple web address (with letters) or IPv6 address. :( Not every location can give us port forwarding or had a fix IPv4. Only the best can give your router a world wide reachable fix IPv4 over their Ethernet.

Return to Live Production