mini recorder not detected @ catalina

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

thodorh

mini recorder not detected @ catalina

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am

I have 4 Ultrastudio mini recorders not detected in my MBP mid 2013 after Catalina upgrade. Anybody solved it? Any drivers upgrade?

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: mini recorder not detected @ catalina

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 3:12 am

Version 11.4.1 of the Desktop Video drivers added support for MacOS Catalina:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... f2e5bb2c56

Yipadeano

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 am

Hello, did you get this sorted. I have the same problem. I've changed to a new mac and it's not showing up in security to approve the mini recorder therefore not registering there is anything connected. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thank you

bigdan

PostTue May 26, 2020 6:04 am

I have similar issues. Cannot get audio to work, device is available but no audio. Initially introduced some weeks ago in Cisco Webex, but now also posing problems in Microsoft Teams. Camera does not show up as option in Webex, but works in Teams.

Both video and audio seem OK inside BM Media Express. But unable to launch BM Media Express if QuickTime os open.

solorider

PostThu May 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello, has there been any update on this?

Similar to the previous post, I can see the video in BlackMagic Media Express, however, Webex, FaceTime, Zoom and Skype do not see that there is a camera attached to the Mac.

Apple's QuickTime can see the camera and the audio signal from the camera seems to work well.

I've cross posted this to Apple and Webex. I'm super disappointed. Using my external camera with Webex has been my only use-case for the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 28, 2020 5:54 pm

One thing we have seen often is that the camera must be allowed to be used by the specific app. This setting may be found in Preferences->Security->Camera Menu. Make sure the app is checked. There may still be issues with some software like Zoom where changes to their software prevents some devices from being used at the moment. If the device works in Media Express, then it is functioning in the computer and is up to the application to allow it individually. On Windows, only only app can use the device at a time. Hope this helps.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Lancelot

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 11:33 am

Hi

I have just purchased an UltraStudio mini recorder which I am running on a 2017 MacBook Pro ,

My aim is to use my canon r800 as a web cam on zoom.I have spent hours now trying to get Audio to respond.
The Video/camera worked instantly and has been easy, the audio will not register on zoom or in system preferences/sound on the Mac itself. the mini recorder does show up on the options in both places and can be selected as sound input.
I have however gotten both sound and video to work in OBS ... SO I know that audio is being sent to the HDMI camera output.
I have done all the usual reboots, reinstalls, - I didn't get asked about security on installing desktop video but it doesn't show that its being blocked in security tab.
I know there have been some issues with zoom recently but some people seem to using this setup.
VERY frustrating to buy a product that is suppose to work seamlessly with thunderbolt and can't use the basic audio input.
help would be appreciated

Return to Live Production