No output from ATEM Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

HanielMoore

No output from ATEM Mini

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 3:16 am

Hey,

We have got a ATEM Mini for our church and we're having a bit of trouble getting it running. We have two inputs - 1. is a camera feed and 2. is a PC running Windows 10. The HDMI output of the ATEM Mini connects to a box that sends the projector via HDBaseT, but no video is coming through.

When I go into Software Control and select Camera 1 Direct as the output it passes video through to the projectors fine (This also works for the PC), but when set to any of the other settings (including program) there is no output.

If we pug either of the sources directly into the HDBaseT box the video also displays as it should leading us to believe that this is something to do with the ATEM Mini.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to fix?

Frank Engel

Re: No output from ATEM Mini

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 2:27 pm

Make sure the Mini is configured to use an output format that is compatible with the projector. Not all projectors are compatible with all formats, and the Mini will convert the inputs to its selected output format (except when using the direct feature) so if the inputs are in a compatible format but the output format selected for the mini is different (and not supported by the projector) you could see this behavior.

Obviously make sure blackout is not engaged, etc.

HanielMoore

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi have cycled through all the output settings with no joy. I will look up the specs of the projector and see if can find some common ground.

Techlore

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 8:58 pm

I found that the output is very limited on its color space. When i hooked it up to a DVI computer monitor with a HDMI-DVI connector that the color space was operating in I think YUV but not 100%.
If you are doing any converting from the output to the projector there is a strong possibility it will not work.
It is interesting that it has some great HDMI input scaling but it has next to 0 HDMI output negotiation if any at all.
I have found it will work on HDMI direct input connections on one of my projectors but ONLY HDMI.

Does your projector have HDMI input or are you converting off your HDBaseT. If the projector is taking HDbaseT direct Cat5/6 input it might not support it.
Depending your your HDBaseT setup, some do strip some information out but allows still for 2 way negotiation. But the ATEM mini is static output only.

If you can, I would suggest pluggin the mini directly into the projector with HDMI to eliminate out the HDbaseT neg signal.
Have you confirmed the OUTPUT of the ATEM mini on a TV HDMI input or Monitor HDMI Input?

HanielMoore

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 8:33 am

Techlore wrote:I found that the output is very limited on its color space. When i hooked it up to a DVI computer monitor with a HDMI-DVI connector that the color space was operating in I think YUV but not 100%.
If you are doing any converting from the output to the projector there is a strong possibility it will not work.
It is interesting that it has some great HDMI input scaling but it has next to 0 HDMI output negotiation if any at all.
I have found it will work on HDMI direct input connections on one of my projectors but ONLY HDMI.

Does your projector have HDMI input or are you converting off your HDBaseT. If the projector is taking HDbaseT direct Cat5/6 input it might not support it.
Depending your your HDBaseT setup, some do strip some information out but allows still for 2 way negotiation. But the ATEM mini is static output only.

If you can, I would suggest pluggin the mini directly into the projector with HDMI to eliminate out the HDbaseT neg signal.
Have you confirmed the OUTPUT of the ATEM mini on a TV HDMI input or Monitor HDMI Input?

That is some interesting information. The projector is taking the HDBaseT direct. The projector does have HDMI but it is already mounted to the ceiling of the auditorium so is a little hard to get to.

I have read on another thread that someone with a similar problem, with an very similar projector, solved it by passing the video through a preview monitor. Not sure why this worked for them, but was thinking about trying something similar with a home theatre receiver that I have here at home.

We have tested to a TV and it works fine via HDBaseT, It's just the projectors that we are having issues with.

Steebo

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 7:24 pm

I am having the same issue. Do you know what monitor was used to solve the issue? I would like to use this unit, but without this solution working, i will need to find something else.

I am running the ATEM Mini out into HDBaseT transmitter into an Epson Projector. I have tried a monitor here, but the loop through does not fix the issue.

Thank you,

Bryan

mallen79

PostMon May 25, 2020 7:40 pm

[img]/Users/criss/Desktop/99158852_10216849709648303_866329752967839744_n.jpg[/img]

this is the solution i had for this month, solved, seems like the HDMI signal needed a boost

tualnang

PostMon Oct 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi all,

I have same issues with ATEM Mini HDMI output to HDBaseT Projectors.

Any suggestions pleay.

SoundGuyJ

PostMon Oct 24, 2022 5:29 pm

Make sure that the video inputs are all sending the switcher the same signal as the output. If you are outputting 1080p 29.97, make sure your computer is sending 1080p 29.97 or 30 if 29.97 isn't an option, if you're outputting 1080i, make sure your computer is sending 1080i

tualnang

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 7:12 am

mallen79 wrote:[img]/Users/criss/Desktop/99158852_10216849709648303_866329752967839744_n.jpg[/img]

this is the solution i had for this month, solved, seems like the HDMI signal needed a boost

How to solved, can you give me more details please?

Return to Live Production