UltraStudio Recorder for Video Conferencing

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PeterSan

UltraStudio Recorder for Video Conferencing

PostTue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 am

I am not succeeding in connecting either hdmi or SDI linked cameras to video conferencing with UltraStudio mini recorder. For example connecting a Pal DV camera via hdmi to ultrastudio I can see a picture in Skype. But in Fuze and ClickMeeting although I can see a Blackmagic option, the screen is black. The same in 1080i. In each case the picture is there in Media Express. In WebEx I am given a series of BlackMagic resolution options, but none of them produces a picture.

Is there any way of making this work, as the ultrastudio recorder seems the perfect way to connect video cameras for webinars now that firewire is barely supported?

Chad

Re: UltraStudio Recorder for Video Conferencing

PostTue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 pm

It all comes down to resolution. Most web conferencing solutions that support video only support a limited (or sometimes only 1) camera resolution. And in almost every case it is expecting a webcam resolution not a video / television resolution.

For example, in GotoMeeting I can get 720p50 to work, but not 59.94 or any interlaced resolutions at all. In Adobe Connect, only 640x480 @ 30fps works (not 29.97 NTSC). Also understand that Blackmagic capture cards do NOT adjust or scale the incoming signal in any way to conform with whatever program you are running. I had to buy a Teranex 2D to convert my signal to 720p50 to work with GoToMeeting. (I'm US based so none of my cameras natively output 50p PAL formats).

dan22

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Peter and Chad

Are you both getting the UltraStudio MiniRecorder to show up in Gotomeeting? I am on a Macbook Retina, and I can launch GoToMeeting, but when I try to open up cameras GTM crashes. If I unplug the MiniRecorder thunderbolt and restart GTM the camera option opens fine.

Have either of you had a problem like this? Any suggestions?

Dan

matth

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Was this resolved? Were you able to get it to work with Fuze????

Return to Live Production