ATEM Mini USB-C port not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Super Ali

ATEM Mini USB-C port not working

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Hello every one,

I have purchased a new ATEM Mini switcher since two month ago. At the first, it was woking fine, but now isn't. When I connect the usb cable to the PC, There is no indication that a computer has been connected, as well as a message appears on the ATEM setup page ( No ATEM device found ). I tried many types of cables on different computers and the result is the same. Can any body help or advise?

Thank you

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Mini USB-C port not working

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 7:49 pm

Hello. A couple of things to check. Make sure you are using a USB cable. Not a thunderbolt cable and not a USB charging cable. The USB data cable would have a USB-C connector on the ATEM end and whatever USB, type A or C on the computer end.

With the ATEM connected, go to the Device Manager in the Control Panel. Under Audio Inputs, Camera, and Sound Video and Game Controller folders, you should see a "Blackmagic Design" device. Other Blackmagic products will have other names, but the ATEM Mini uses "Blackmagic Design". If you do not see this, there is the possibility of a driver issue. These are not Blackmagic drivers. They are Windows drivers. So updating Windows software may help. If you still do not see the Blackmagic Design device, then it's worth contacting Support. If you see the device, open the "Camera App". If you have a web cam you will probably see that. In the upper right of the App, there is a small camera icon. Click this to switch sources to the ATEM mini. Make sure you close this app before looking for the Mini in other apps. Usually one source per customer but that may vary.

I hop this helps. Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Super Ali

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for your quick reply Mr. Gary Adams

actually, I am using the correct cable, meaning that it is for data transfer ( Data Cable ) and not just for charging, and I mentioned at the beginning that it was working perfectly, but now is not. I have tried three different new cables, but the result is the same.

I did all your instruction, including Windows update, but I haven't seen any change. In addition, the driver did not appear under any folder in the Device Manager.

Therefore, I believe that the problem is not in the software, but in the USB port of the ATEM device.

I am still looking for a solution, thank you all.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 11:09 pm

Hello Ali. It sounds like you did everything you could. The best solution is to contact Support in your region.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

sambit

PostMon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm

I am facing the same problem. I just purchased my Atem Mini two weeks back. It was working fine initially. Now it has stopped working for last 3 days. Now it says my Atem Mini is not detected.

Return to Live Production