No HDMI output from ATEM Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mark VL

No HDMI output from ATEM Mini

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I am not getting an HDMI output from my ATEM mini. It's brand new, so I started down the path of user error on my part.

I have tried output to a non 4K TV as well as an Atomos Blade.

I have connected 2 Panasonic AC-130s, and tried interlaced and progressive as well as color bars. I am getting audio, just no video. I also connected an Elmo document camera with no luck.

I have tried multiple HDMI cables going from the switcher to the TV and no video. I read on another thread that an HDMI splitter coming out of the switcher solved the problem, but it didn't work for me.

I am getting audio coming through to the TV and when I change the output selector to "Camera 1 Direct" I do get the feed whether it's color bars, the actual image coming through the camera lens or the Elmo document camera.

Any suggestions on solving my predicament would be most appreciated.

Xtreemtec

Re: No HDMI output from ATEM Mini

PostFri Mar 20, 2020 1:48 pm

goran diffner wrote:The settings on all your gear must match eachother or they cannot comunicate so that is where you start looking.

In my case I have to use the 1080p24 setting on the mini and software I use to make it work the way I want it to.
Sorry but you must be mis informed.. The Atem Mini does have scalers on ALL 4 inputs. So framerate and resolution can be SD up to full HD. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Mark VL

PostSun Mar 22, 2020 1:53 am

Thanks for your suggestions. My first 2 TVs as well as the Atomos Blade would not work with 60. I changed the output to 29.97 and the Atomos recognized the HDMI from the Mini. If anyone else experiences this, go to the settings icon, which is in the lower left corner of the software. That's where you chance the frame rate on the output.

scot@upromedia.com

PostFri Dec 04, 2020 11:32 am

I am having the same issue.
Has anyone had any luck finding a solution?
I am currently trying different cables, cameras, and monitors to find some combination that works?

Return to Live Production