ATEM Muliple camera's in a single shot

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Blueflamman

ATEM Muliple camera's in a single shot

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 6:05 am

Hi there folks,
Just have a question regarding the ATEM switcher, in particular, the New ATEM mini Pro and how it works compared to my current Wirecast set up. I am currently running a 4 x cameras into Decklink Quad and then into Wirecast 13 Pro. I have been streaming and recording this way for that past 3 years and am just about sick of Wirecast's unreliability. After watching Grants amazing presentation today about the ATEM Mini Pro and the new features regarding the BMPC4K I damn near ordered one then and there. Only one thing is stopping me a present and I am hoping it is possible to do through the ATEM software.

Currently, in Wirecast, I can set a shot to have multiple camera angles as well as an overlay. This is fairly simple, but I'm not sure if the ATEM can do this and desperately need to know if it can?

Please tell me that I can do this without sacrificing video channels as easy as Wirecast. This is honestly the only reason I haven't yet got one. I have attached an image below of my desired result.

Screenshot 2020-04-04 16.48.10.jpg
Screenshot 2020-04-04 16.48.10.jpg (917.81 KiB) Viewed 651 times

mikeright

Re: ATEM Muliple camera's in a single shot

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 6:50 am

This function is called super source in the ATEM language and it is not possible with neither the mini or the mini pro working alone.

You have to jump to ATEM 2 M/E to do that or try to combine several Mini to achieve something similar.

In my humble opinion this is the cherry that some people need in order to get THE PRODUCT.

In any case BM has just demonstrate that they are listening their customers. Let’s see if in the mid term they have more surprises for us in that sense.

Blueflamman

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 am

AHHH NOOOOO!!!! Please Blackmagic, make this happen!

AndyMcHardy

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 2:23 pm

I can't see the ability to do super source being added to the mini's as even if they had the processing power to do it, I can't see BM wanting to lose market on their other switchers.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Blueflamman

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 9:55 pm

Fair point. I honestly hope they bring this ability to the ATEM Television studio along with the inbuilt encoder. I would happily pay the money to have a stable device that allows me to get rid of Wirecast.

Return to Live Production