Livestreaming with an atem 1 m/e production studio 4k

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tobias0607

Livestreaming with an atem 1 m/e production studio 4k

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello,

is it possible to livestream with an atem 1 m/e production studio 4k with an advanced Panel (input from 9 cameras via 3g sdi) ? or do i need an additionally 264 coder?

David_Anderson

Re: Livestreaming with an atem 1 m/e production studio 4k

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm

No. That will just take care of the input. You will need some encoder (either hardware or software).

Best,

David

Tobias0607 wrote:Hello,

is it possible to livestream with an atem 1 m/e production studio 4k with an advanced Panel (input from 9 cameras via 3g sdi) ? or do i need an additionally 264 coder?
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
https://leadingedgemultimedia.com
(888) 336-LEMM

scotmacman

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 7:15 am

From the Blackmagic Design product range, the new ATEM Mini Pro will help you here. It's technically a switcher too, like your 1 M/E, but it has an h,264 encoder and live streaming engine built it and can stream direct to the streaming service provider of your choice.
There are other hardware products that also do this, but the ATEM Mini Pro is very competitively priced for this facility.

David_Anderson

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 1:26 pm

I agree with you that the new ATEM Mini Pro will help with the encoding part however the original question referred to gear he already had with (9) SDI inputs. The ATEM Mini will not be the correct solution.

Best,

David

scotmacman wrote:From the Blackmagic Design product range, the new ATEM Mini Pro will help you here. It's technically a switcher too, like your 1 M/E, but it has an h,264 encoder and live streaming engine built it and can stream direct to the streaming service provider of your choice.
There are other hardware products that also do this, but the ATEM Mini Pro is very competitively priced for this facility.
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
(888) 336-LEMM

Joseph Villegas

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 2:56 pm

scotmacman wrote:From the Blackmagic Design product range, the new ATEM Mini Pro will help you here. It's technically a switcher too, like your 1 M/E, but it has an h,264 encoder and live streaming engine built it and can stream direct to the streaming service provider of your choice.

Its the atem mini capable to input from 9 cameras via 3g sdi??

PDT: do we need an ATEM mini sub-forum?

As user of a pro ATEM device, I'm a bit tired to see post over post about the mini...

Xtreemtec

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Joseph Villegas wrote:PDT: do we need an ATEM mini sub-forum?

As user of a pro ATEM device, I'm a bit tired to see post over post about the mini...

Yes same here.. The forum is flooded with new people with no knowlage at all about video because those mini's got so cheap now..

Resulting in a lot of questions that are asked over and over again.. :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

MambaFiber.com

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Yes for the love of God please add an ATEM Mini section
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

AndyMcHardy

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 5:17 pm

+1
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

David_Anderson

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 pm

I agree but in this particular case the original question didn't ask about the Mini. :D

Best,

David
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
(888) 336-LEMM

Joseph Villegas

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 8:18 pm

David_Anderson wrote:I agree but in this particular case the original question didn't ask about the Mini. :D

Best,

David

Yes, he didn't ask. Thats why enter here, and because I also have an 1 M/E 4k.

But inevitably, someone mention the mini in wrong way (BTW)

AndyMcHardy

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 8:32 pm

I run a 1M/E in my main rack and yes you will need another device to encode for live streaming. There are many options out there both hardware and software. Personally I use LiveU on the hardware side and vMix on the software, but I am sure others will have suggestions on possible options.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

LouisBacker

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 10:17 am

AndyMcHardy wrote:I run a 1M/E in my main rack and yes you will need another device to encode for live streaming. There are many options out there both hardware and software. Personally I use LiveU on the hardware side and vMix on the software, but I am sure others will have suggestions on possible options.

I use LiveU Solo & vMix also for livestreaming out of my BM ATEM 4K mixer. Excellent 1080p quality and not expensive.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

scotmacman

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 10:33 am

David_Anderson wrote:I agree with you that the new ATEM Mini Pro will help with the encoding part however the original question referred to gear he already had with (9) SDI inputs. The ATEM Mini will not be the correct solution.

I think we all agree that the OP will certainly need another piece of kit to achieve their aim of live-streaming from their ATEM 1 M/E 4K. However, the ATEM Mini Pro still remains a viable solution to their problem. The ATEM 1M/E 4K offers an HDMI PGM OUT, which can be connected to the ATEM Mini Pro (as its sole input) and the ATEM Mini Pro will then encode and stream that signal out to the world. In this respect, we ignore its function as a Switcher, and merely use it as an encoder/streamer. It is competitively priced (and indeed, more flexible in some regards) compared to the Teradek Vidiu, Matrox Monarch, Datavideo NVS-30 et. al. There are, of course, also software-based solutions when paired with a capture card — but that's two pieces of kit to acquire then! :)

Denny Smith

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Also a BMD WebPresenter could be used, especially for steaming to FB, or an h.264 encoder like the BMD h.264 recorder?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Brett Casadonte

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 am

MambaFiber.com wrote:Yes for the love of God please add an ATEM Mini section

Amen brother...
Brett Casadonte
Founder and Techinical Director - GlobeStream Media
http://www.globestreammedia.com
Live Production: on-location and REMI using LiveU
ATEM 2 M/E, 1 M/E, TV Studio Pro 4k, BM URSA Broadcast, & Studio/Micro Studio Cameras

Brett Casadonte

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 7:35 am

scotmacman wrote:
David_Anderson wrote:I agree with you that the new ATEM Mini Pro will help with the encoding part however the original question referred to gear he already had with (9) SDI inputs. The ATEM Mini will not be the correct solution.

I think we all agree that the OP will certainly need another piece of kit to achieve their aim of live-streaming from their ATEM 1 M/E 4K. However, the ATEM Mini Pro still remains a viable solution to their problem. The ATEM 1M/E 4K offers an HDMI PGM OUT, which can be connected to the ATEM Mini Pro (as its sole input) and the ATEM Mini Pro will then encode and stream that signal out to the world. In this respect, we ignore its function as a Switcher, and merely use it as an encoder/streamer. It is competitively priced (and indeed, more flexible in some regards) compared to the Teradek Vidiu, Matrox Monarch, Datavideo NVS-30 et. al. There are, of course, also software-based solutions when paired with a capture card — but that's two pieces of kit to acquire then! :)

A few other considerations in regards to stream encoder would include encoding transport (SRT, RTMP, RTMPS, other), encoding format (H.264, HEVC/ H.265, other), and bit rate capabilities, not to mention resolution (720p vs 1080 vs 4k). BM, while offering some streaming options via the Web Presenter and new ATEM Mini Pro, doesn’t have the widest range of streaming options and support out there, so you may need to consider alternate encoding solutions, either software-based (which, of course, would required one to have a computer as well as a video card to get your program feed into it) or hardware-based, such as the Teradek Cube, LiveU Solo, Wowza Clearcaster, Haivision Makito X, and many others (several of which have been mentioned in other posts).

In short, there are a lot of options for leveraging your 1 M/E for live streaming, all of which simply require sending your program feed to an external stream encoder.

PS: As a personal aside, I prefer hardware encoders as in my experience, they have been more reliable than software encoders and you don’t have the threat of having some other software application on your computer interfering with your streaming software, either by taking up system resources or starting an unwanted and untimely network process.
Brett Casadonte
Founder and Techinical Director - GlobeStream Media
http://www.globestreammedia.com
Live Production: on-location and REMI using LiveU
ATEM 2 M/E, 1 M/E, TV Studio Pro 4k, BM URSA Broadcast, & Studio/Micro Studio Cameras

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 9:36 am

YEs .. BMD is missing any good HW streaming encoder .. I preffer HW encoders too , like Brett .. Im using Teradek Cube and Vidiu and Cerevo LiveShellX .. And they are SET ANT FORGET .. O love it ..
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

Dan Paiano

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Can someone recommend a software streaming encoder for use with an ATEM Production Studio 4K for live streaming on YouTube? WIN-10, Thanks

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 10:53 pm

OBS ..
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

Return to Live Production