Videohub 40x40 repair help

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TomTailford

Videohub 40x40 repair help

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 11:15 am

Hi all,

I've got two BMD 40x40 - one with a dead main board and the other with physical damage, but I'm hoping I can make a usable one (with some spares if anyone else needs?!)

I wondered if anyone else has taken apart the BMD 40x40 and has any info that might help?

On the main board there is a heatsink which has some spring loaded plastic nuts where they end expands once pushed through the pcb to hold in place (I expect they have a name)...

I might be able to get some long nose pliers in to compress the end, but I think it might be easier to snip them off and completely replace.

Any advice very welcome!

Xtreemtec

Re: Videohub 40x40 repair help

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 pm

I think replacements are hard to find. There are So many types of those things in all different sizes and lengths.. Better to use a nose pliers and pull them out.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

TomTailford

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 10:52 am

Xtreemtec wrote:I think replacements are hard to find. There are So many types of those things in all different sizes and lengths.. Better to use a nose pliers and pull them out.

Would have thought something like that would be readily available, just not sure of the name of it.

Found some nylon snap rivets which are close (ish) and could use the springs - I might go back to BMD and ask if they have a name for the part. That said, I've still got to take the whole thing apart anyway, so should be able to use my pliers to remove the existing ones!

Does anyone else need any spare parts for a Videohub? Looks like I'll have a spare screen / various other bits (I just need the main board)

Xtreemtec

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 11:11 am

Got an old model 40x40 with a dead port.. But that does not compare to the hardware of the modern 40x40. :lol:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Kevin McGrath

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 11:11 am

Just wondering since you are trying to make one unit
i am looking for a screen display for mine
are you willing to part with one???
Atem tvs , studio converter 4 camera converters, hyperdeck,40x40 videohub. Master control, jvc gy hm700 &170 Jvc gy hm 150 Panasonic aw he50 aw he 2
Panasonic hpx 300. Panasonic hpx 2000 Sony pdw 350 Panasonic HPD24

TomTailford

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 11:52 am

Sure can Kevin - send me a message with an offer!

If you've not been inside your unit already, the screen is very easy to fit.

TomTailford

PostFri May 01, 2020 8:25 am

After taking apart one physically damaged unit (damaged BNCs) and another which apparently had a damaged main board (wouldn't complete update or boot - but powered on & could see on BMD software) I have managed to create...

...two video hubs that don't work. Joy.

I've not attempted updating the software yet, but as one of the units booted to begin with that I think I might have killed that one too (displaying similar behaviour - flicks on when it gets power, but doesn't boot/display the Smart Video Hub splash screen)

Anyone on here tinkered successfully with the Video Hub?

Peter E. Hanna

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 1:07 am

Hello Tom
You still have the 40x40 Hub I need the front panel if available

Videobegin

PostSun Dec 11, 2022 8:20 pm

a thread listing broken parts may be usefull :?:

Peter E. Hanna

PostThu Apr 20, 2023 1:48 pm

TomTailford wrote:Hi all,

I've got two BMD 40x40 - one with a dead main board and the other with physical damage, but I'm hoping I can make a usable one (with some spares if anyone else needs?!)

I wondered if anyone else has taken apart the BMD 40x40 and has any info that might help?

On the main board there is a heatsink which has some spring loaded plastic nuts where they end expands once pushed through the pcb to hold in place (I expect they have a name)...

I might be able to get some long nose pliers in to compress the end, but I think it might be easier to snip them off and completely replace.

Any advice very welcome!

can you please contact me via message i want to buy parts from your hub

thanks

imagesdd

PostMon Sep 18, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi

The Screen for my VideoHub 40x40 has died. Way out of warranty so I assume no point asking BlackMagic as they never seem to want to help with after warranty period is up.

Any suggestions as to where I can source a replacement screen?

Thanks

DD

Return to Live Production