Atem mini pro: Unable to stream

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

veghakos

Atem mini pro: Unable to stream

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 11:55 am

Hi boys,
We purchaced atem mini pro, everything is working, except live streaming to youtube from deck (across network).
So, we have set up the system, but youtube servers does not recive data. The "ON AIR" button is flashing, after a time te cache fill.
The network setting is OK, because i can manage the switcher across network (from notebook)
We does not hawe network issues, from OBS i can stream (over USB cable).
Thx for quick help :)
regards,
Ákos

dsorbera

Re: Atem mini pro: Unable to stream

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Same thing happened to me. I had to plug it into my router directly. When plugged into my laptop's Ethernet port like the manual suggests I got the blinking on air light as well.

veghakos

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 am

Hi,
the device is plugged in to the broadband router, not to the notebook.
So, i can it manage via network (the usb cable is disconnected), it get ip address too, but unable to stream, "on air" buttom is flashing.
thx,
regards,
á

Xtreemtec

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 10:35 am

Your Atem must have all the correct IP settings to go to the router and from there to Internet.

Best is to set the Atem Mini Pro to DHCP. This will ensure you dont make mistakes when entering IP addresses!!!

This way the Atem receives the correct IP settings from the router to go online.

But when you enter the IP manually as a static IP you can expect this kind of trouble!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 12:40 pm

dsorbera wrote:Same thing happened to me. I had to plug it into my router directly. When plugged into my laptop's Ethernet port like the manual suggests I got the blinking on air light as well.

U can do this by this way (ATEM connected to laptop ethernet port) , but must share WIFI internet on laptop .. I think that put ATEM and Laptom into router/switch is better way ..
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

WahWay

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 1:44 pm

You guys are a wealth of information. Will need your help when my Atem Mii Pro arrive whenever that will be ;)

Frank Engel

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Best is to set the Atem Mini Pro to DHCP. This will ensure you dont make mistakes when entering IP addresses!!!

That's all well and good until you are trying to connect a control panel and need to change the IP address on the control panel every time the switcher gets a different IP from the router...

veghakos

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi,
I set up everything as described in the manual. (See attached picture.)
ATEM Mini is DHCP client. The network bandwith from ISP is enugh (50/50).
I tired use 100 and 1000 switches, no success.
I have tired to use another location, no success.
I'm network administrator, so i know the networks very well.

The google DNS is allowed in our firewall:
Default Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

> a.rtmp.youtube.com
Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: bartmp.l.google.com
Addresses: 2a00:1450:4014:1::7
Aliases: a.rtmp.youtube.com

The rtmp protocol is also allowed in our firewall

From OBS i can stream to youtube without any problem (atem is connected as usb webcam)
i'm in doubt because support team doesn't respond to my email.

thx for support,
regards
Attachments
settings.JPG
settings
settings.JPG (42.7 KiB) Viewed 24370 times

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Fixed IP addresses will work fine. If having problems at first, however, I recommend using DHCP and Youtube settings via the ATEM software with your stream key. Make sure that connects because it should easily. Especially if you know your computer connects the same using something like OBS. Same settings. If the Mini Pro connects with DHCP, then you can use a fixed IP, knowing that it should work. If it doesn't work with DHCP, it's not likely it will on a fixed IP.

While there is the ability to add your own streaming setup, the ATEM "Save As" will show you what the current setup is. File->Save As and unselect all parameters, then select "Output". This will give you an XML that just shows the current server and bit rate. It is possible to read this back in but if it is modified, you will not see this reflected in the software menu. These are just some things you can do to check the ATEM Mini Pro. Stay safe.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

veghakos

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Gary Adams wrote:Fixed IP addresses will work fine. If having problems at first, however, I recommend using DHCP and Youtube settings via the ATEM software with your stream key. Make sure that connects because it should easily. Especially if you know your computer connects the same using something like OBS. Same settings. If the Mini Pro connects with DHCP, then you can use a fixed IP, knowing that it should work. If it doesn't work with DHCP, it's not likely it will on a fixed IP.

this is what i tried first

While there is the ability to add your own streaming setup, the ATEM "Save As" will show you what the current setup is. File->Save As and unselect all parameters, then select "Output". This will give you an XML that just shows the current server and bit rate. It is possible to read this back in but if it is modified, you will not see this reflected in the software menu. These are just some things you can do to check the ATEM Mini Pro.

I have also checked already, all settings are default
Code: Select all
<Output>
  <LiveStream serviceName="YouTube" url="rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2" key="f39u-veue-6scv-fwd0">
    <bitrate low="6000000" high="9000000"/>
  </LiveStream>
  <Record filename="Untitled" recordInAllCameras="False"/>
</Output>

Already checked youtube's backup server (rtmp://b.rtmp.youtube.com/live2?backup=1) ->nothing.
Already checked "streaming high", "streaming medium" and "streaming low", same result ->on air flashes, the cache fills over time.

PING a.rtmp.youtube.com (173.194.150.234): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=0 ttl=121 time=21.590 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=1 ttl=121 time=20.433 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=2 ttl=121 time=30.745 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=3 ttl=121 time=24.887 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=4 ttl=121 time=21.784 ms
64 bytes from 173.194.150.234: seq=5 ttl=121 time=20.455 ms

If i stream from obs, the connection is exellent.

THX for help,
á
Attachments
youtbe stream.JPG
youtbe stream.JPG (41.8 KiB) Viewed 24354 times
onair.JPG
onair.JPG (19.92 KiB) Viewed 24354 times

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 8:17 pm

It looks like you know what you are doing better than I really. Does the Mini Pro Ethernet work to the computer for control? You might be using the USB so just checking to see if the Ethernet is actually functioning. Blinking lights on the Ethernet port. Sorry to be simple as you are probably way ahead.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Akos : For testing , just unplug USB cable from ATEM .. And try atem software controll to check if ethernet connection work ..

What is IP adress of your computer ?

in windows type in CMD : ipconfig

in osc type in terminal : ifconfig

What is IP adress of atem ? May be put here config printscreen ..

2xbass

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 10:44 pm

Is it supposed to be possible to stream with the Mini Pro directly plugged into a network that has Internet on it? I can stream if the Mini Pro is connected to my computer’s ethernet port and if I share the computer’s Internet connection via wifi, like Grant showed in the announcement video. However if I try to plug the computer and Mini Pro independently into the network, the Mini Pro gets an IP address and I can ping it from my computer and my computer can access the Internet but when I try to stream from the Mini Pro it simply doesn’t go on air.
Last edited by 2xbass on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veghakos

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 12:20 am

Hi,
thx for reply
Gary Adams wrote:It looks like you know what you are doing better than I really. Does the Mini Pro Ethernet work to the computer for control?

yes

You might be using the USB so just checking to see if the Ethernet is actually functioning. Blinking lights on the Ethernet port. Sorry to be simple as you are probably way ahead.

The USB is unpluged, lights are blicking, ethernet works, but streaming not working.
I do this from the beginning

veghakos

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 am

Hi Roman,
thx for reply
Roman Pytkin Pekarek wrote:For testing , just unplug USB cable from ATEM .. And try atem software controll to check if ethernet connection work ..

checked, unable to stream

i'm senior network administrator.
ping from PC to atem is ok.

regards,
ákos

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 12:43 am

Akos : Does Atem corectly configured Getaway and DNS ?

veghakos

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 2:02 am

Hi boys,
I found solution after network packet analysis.
In the core router was set wrong MTU due to an old special program. Works perfectly after setting to 1500.
Blackmagic created a great machine.
Thanks to everyone who helped!
King regards,
Ákos

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Akos : Great ! Im glad, that its not problem in ATEM MINI PRO :)

sunnybajaj

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 3:56 am

I have exactly same problem. I cannot stream video to youtube using ON AIR button or ATEM Software Control of ATEM Mini Pro.

I tried everything to fix the issue, I have concluded, ATEM Mini Pro does not stream when connected to my Alcatel hotspot.

Here are several scenarios, i have tested (pictures say a lot). If still, there is any doubt, I will be happy to conduct more tests.

Blackmagic Support (@Gary Adams, anyone) - Please see if it is existing bug and any workaround is known.

ATEM Mini Pro ON AIR Bug.png
ATEM Mini Pro Bug
ATEM Mini Pro ON AIR Bug.png (129.04 KiB) Viewed 22826 times
Sunny Bajaj

CNess8815

PostSun Jul 12, 2020 4:51 pm

We had the same issue with our ATEM Mini Pro and YouTube this morning.
Friday I did a test stream and everything worked fine.
This morning it started and then stopped. I tried stopping and restarting the live stream but it didn't work.
We have been using OBS Studio with the PTV camera connected directly to the network hub and it was fine.
When I follow the steps to use the ATEM Mini Pro with OBS Studio it never shows up in the preview window.
It was extreamly frustrating and disapointing this morning.

suwitcha

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 6:33 am

BlackMagic must provide better diagnostic tools, my stream dead in the middle of streaming today and never return. I also can not press off to stop stream and cache is full,

TeamForge

PostMon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi there,

Are there any other solutions to get this going? I experience the same issues.

I've connected the Atem directly to my laptop with UTP cable. On my laptop there is WIFI. I can acces the Atem through the software. When I hit on air, it remains blinking, there is a data rate and the cache gets full. But on YoutUbe still no image.

As soon as I connect the Atem to my internet router directly, there is no issue.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Roderick

TeamForge

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 8:40 am

I have found a (or "the") solution for my issue as mentioned before. As many people are struggling, this is what I've done:

Situation:
- Windows 10 laptop
- Connected to internet via WiFi (which is connected to mobile hotspot of my 5G phone)
- Atem Mini Pro connected directly to ethernet port (no switch, router or whatever in between)

Steps to take:
- Navigate to network settings
- In the section "Advanced network settings" click "change adapter options"
- Request the properties of your WiFi adapter
- Select tab "Share"
- Make sure the first selection box is checked
- Select in the drop-down box the ethernet port your Atem Mini Pro is connected to
- Click OK

That's it. For me this works great! As soon as I hit the "on air" button it straigtly goes into stream-mode (no flashing). 15 seconds later YouTube starts streaming.

Oh, before I forget: connecting to the ATem Mini Pro by using the Atem software still works great (you might need to restart your Atem)

dougster77

PostWed Oct 21, 2020 5:53 am

I’d love an answer to this. I can get it to connect going through my phone (tmobile) as a hotspot. I can connect it to a router and get it to go.

When i use a cricket wireless hotspot i can connect to the switcher but not stream. Im on a mac and have tried literally everything i can think of.

Im curious if it isnt a port being blocked or something? I tried pulling down the firewall, doing a dmz on the ip, and port forwarding all the usual stream ports...

Id also love to know what the lights (amber and green) indicate on the back of the ethernet.

*feature request*** on the multiview show specific ip connected data (i.e. ip address details etc)

Thanks for your help guys.

ElLobo

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi i have the same problem and I tried all the solutions above. Atem Software control ist running on usb-c and lan.But the direct stream output istnot working.the on air button is flashing. Via osb and a mac its working fine. I try to switch from dhcp to a manually given ip. Same result. DHCP delivers 169.254.1.0. This is not working. Via USB-c and OBS the stream is running. But i want to use the atem without an extra computer for encoding and the USBC for recording. any ideas?

Geoff.A

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Experiencing the same problem as so many others. First unit replaced having failed after around 25 minutes streaming to YouTube, the second unit worked at first before failing once again. Can control switcher from the Software Control ap via ethernet so that connection is working correctly. No problems when streaming via OBS. Have also connected ATEM directly to router without success. It is almost as if the YT address and key are not recognised.

heiko_roemhild

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 5:08 pm

I had the same problem - and I am so frustrated about Blackmagic products - non of them work like they do in the demos. No plug and play and no way to figure out the reason why. I have a hate/love relation with Blackmagic.

I found a solution for me - take away the power of the items and repower them. I played around with the sequence and suddenly it works. I have ATEM Mini Pro Iso and Streaming Bridge. The onAir button was flashing and no output at the HDMI of the Streaming Bridge. I checked all the IP settings - and because the Atem Setup Software was able to connect to ATEM Mini Pro Iso and Streaming Bridge = no IP problem.

andre

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 1:33 am

I've been having issues with this as well and this is what worked for me:

Setting the ATEM mini to DHCP.
The highest I could go was hyperdeck medium quality.

So, I was using static ip before and for some reason that didn't work at all. The moment I switched to DHCP all was fine. Strangely I was using the static ip in combination with "companion" app but apparently I was doing something wrong.

I have a good internet connection (300Mbps upload, Speedtest gave a reading of 295) so I tried the highest setting: Hyperdeck High quality. That didn't work, but hyperdeck medium and anything below that was fine.

Anyways, those 2 things had effect on what was happening with the streaming, hope this helps someone

Return to Live Production