Changing Aux using arduino - ATEM Studio Production 4K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

oliviert

Changing Aux using arduino - ATEM Studio Production 4K

PostThu May 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so I hope this question hasn't already been posted several times.

I have started working with arduinos for controlling my ATEM thanks to skaarhoj's library, So far it works pretty well, however I have encountered a few issues and was wondering if any of you had encountered the same problems:
- I can't change the Aux output, (AtemSwitcher.changeAuxState(1, 2);) doesn't do anything, I have tried the ATEM1MEFunctiontest program that goes through all the commands but it doesn't work either when it should change Aux states
- Same problem with Auto DSKs, I can CUT and TIE DSKs but it won't auto (AtemSwitcher.doAutoDownstreamKeyer(1);)

I have an ATEM Studio Production 4K, could it be that the arduino library doesn't fully support that mixer ?

If anyone as a clue of what could be the problem, or has encountered the same issues let me know :D

Olivier

Martin Huesler

Re: Changing Aux using arduino - ATEM Studio Production 4K

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Hi Oliver

For a project I want to control an ATEM switcher with an Arduino. I would also like to use the SKAARHOJ lib. But this supports the ATEM software <7.5.
Were you able to locate and fix the problems in your project?
What changes did you make to the lib so that the SKAARHOJ lib runs with the current software?
THX4help

Best
Martin

Xtreemtec

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 12:23 pm

There has been so many changes in the protocol since 7.5 and Skaarhoj stopped open support for a reason as the protocol is Proprietary from BMD and officially may not be used in open source!! ;)

Best way is to use Bitfocus Companion or CentralControl.io both pieces of software have a proper interface to the Atem and both support OSC or HTTP api to set controls. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Martin Huesler

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Daniel
We use Companion in our daily work - it's a great tool.

But that is not the case here: I have to catch the signals concerning the URSAs.
You have already written that you take the information from the SDI signal, but you never really became concrete about the method and the components used...
Or did I read something over?

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 9:44 am

Martin Huesler wrote:You have already written that you take the information from the SDI signal, but you never really became concrete about the method and the components used...

That is because we use our own designed hardware that reads the Anc data from the SDI signal and translate that into controls that we use for our products..
There has been 1000's of hours of development in that. ;)

But what are you trying to do? Maybe i can advice a route how to ?!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Martin Huesler

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi Daniel

We can control our URSAs remotely. In order not to have to worry about the procotoll, an ATEM-TCP link from SKAARHOJ is doing the translation at the moment.
It works perfectly, but it's not that smart, as you know...

Best
Martin

Return to Live Production