ATEM Mini Upstream Key

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kevin Arnett

ATEM Mini Upstream Key

PostThu May 21, 2020 4:18 am

I have searched the forum and can't seem to find any topics on the issue I'm having.

I'm using the ATEM Mini with three cameras and a computer input for keying lower thirds. The upstream key works fine until I change to a different source(camera) with the switch buttons. It turns the key off. If I switch to a different source using the computer controller, it doesn't turn the key off. The downstream key doesn't act this way. Obviously this is forcing us to use the downstream key. Anyone else run into this issue? Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Thanks,
Kevin Arnett

RichardJolly

Re: ATEM Mini Upstream Key

PostThu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm

In the control software, can you switch off the Key button in the Transition area so that taking a transition only takes the background transition and not the Key? That way your Key could stay live regardless of Programme bus source selection. When you need to switch off the Key you could simply select a blank lower third.

Kevin Arnett

PostFri May 22, 2020 1:08 am

The key is off in the Transition area. Only background so that the key doesn't follow the source. Again it turns the key off if I use the hardware buttons. It doesn't do that if I use the software controller to switch sources. I'm stumped.
Thanks,
Kevin Arnett

AndyMcHardy

PostSat May 23, 2020 9:53 am

Unfortunately, the buttons on the ATEM Mini(Pro) are hardcoded to certain functions. I would hope that BM will give us the option to be able to change what they do in a future software release.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Return to Live Production