Best way to stream a wedding and other events

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

eventpix

Best way to stream a wedding and other events

PostWed May 27, 2020 6:55 am

Hi
I'm looking at getting a ATEM Mini for livecasting weddings and other events.
So far my process looks like - ATEM mini > OBS on windows laptop via USB 3
Now I'm looking for advice on where to go from there and I can see a number of options
A hosting platform such as Vimeo Premium or dacast - both of which provide a way to embed the resultant cast in a website.
All good so far
Next up then is streaming to Facebook Live, Zoom, YouTube, etc so guests can comment or ask questions, and the punters are used to those platforms.
But it seems that Facebook prefers you to send direct to Live rather than via another streaming service.
Interested in what others have done.

CorrineWestMedia

Re: Best way to stream a wedding and other events

PostWed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm

This is something Ive been preparing for our wedding clients. I’m also still waiting for the mini pro as it’s currently a hard to get hold of product.

For my clients I’m considering two options. Stream to Clients Facebook so it is publicly available or restricted based on their settings. Or a zoom meeting so I can get the meeting set up before hand and the bride and groom can share the meeting invites before hand.

Alex Gretton-West
Corrine West Media

AndyMcHardy

Re: Best way to stream a wedding and other events

PostFri May 29, 2020 11:47 am

With Facebook, we re-stream via our Vimeo account as it gives us the ability to send the same content to multiple locations. Other services such as restream.io are out there which allow for similar setups.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Return to Live Production