Decklink Mini Recorder 4K & OBS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

amason101070

Decklink Mini Recorder 4K & OBS

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi, First my apologies if this question has already been addressed. This is my first time posting here and hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I have three decklink mini recorders and one decklink mini recorder 4K for which I installed yesterday. The 4K card shows up in device manager as well as Desktop Video Setup. I actually recorded a video of myself yesterday with the 4K card using OBS and it worked fine except for one little (big) issue. It recorded in 1920x1080 24 fps.

I am not sure if this is a decklink issue or OBS, but I am hoping someone may have had this issue and resolved it.

In OBS after I add the BlackMagic device, it gives me an option when creating a scene and adding a device for either my 1080 decklink recorders or the 4k Decklink. Of course I select the 4K card and it displays just fine, but under the blackmagic device properties under MODE, I noticed it is set to AUTO. When I hit the dropdown I select 2160p 24fps. I select that because I am using a Canon SL3 which shoots 4K at 24fps. So thats why i naturally selected 2160p 24fps, but i get a black screen. I have tried every mode, even 720p because i started going crazy and i get nothing. The only time it displays the camera is when I set the mode to auto for which it outputs in 1080.

On another note with regard to Desktop Video Setup. It shows the 4K decklink is connected, but the output displays as 1080i59.94. I have attached a screenshot of it.
BMD Desktop Video Setup.png
BMD Desktop Video Setup.png (68.01 KiB) Viewed 906 times

Does it matter if my monitors are not 4K? They are good for 1080. My TV is 4K. I tried connecting it that way and no difference.

I have many hdmi cables, but I bought one on Amazon from Cable Matters. It is supposedly 4K ready. I guess HDMI 2.0. I am willing to buy another cable, but wanted to post here first before I spend more money.

I am using a custom built PC
Win 10 PRO
GeForce GTX 1650
32 gb RAM
CPU i7 4790K

If I haven't provided enough info, my apologies. Lety me know and I will add it.

Thank you so much in advance!

Ron

ismynik

Re: Decklink Mini Recorder 4K & OBS

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi!
I wonder if you managed to solve your problem and what did you do? I have a similar problem.

Thanks.

Gereral1

Re: Decklink Mini Recorder 4K & OBS

PostSat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm

To help canon outputs 1080p 59.94i thru hdmi output. 4k is internal on most canons. Even if you record in 30, 24 fps or 60 it embeds the signal in psf frames for broadcast standard. My atomos recorder sees 1080 59.94i, my studio monitor sees same. My decklink 4k mini sees same. Canons use embedded frames in 59.94 wrapper. I use program called virtualdup 2 and used prores 422 capture on windows. Then use straxrip to change .avi to .mov container and import into davanci. I've tried hooking 4k uhd into card and it detects 4k no problem. Its canon issue. Even canon c100 mkii uses psf frames output 1080 59.94i wrapper. The progressive is embedded in hdmi signal to adhere to broadcast standard. Ntsc

Return to Live Production