HDMI port issues on new ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jandk98

HDMI port issues on new ATEM Mini Pro

PostMon Jun 29, 2020 2:21 pm

I just received my first ATEM Mini Pro, and - for the most part - it seems to be working fine. Two curiosities, however, that I'd like to get feedback on:

1. The main camera I'd like to use with the system is a Minrray 20x-NDI PTZ. It has a default 1080P60 output, although it has many 1080P and 720P options when setting up the outputs. However, no matter which video setting I choose, I'm unable to view the camera output via Camera Port 1 on the Mini Pro (either with the HDMI monitor or via the USB-C connection to computer). It works fine in Camera ports 2, 3, and 4, though. I've looked in the Mini Pro software settings, and made sure that the video input matches what the camera is outputting, and have even tried having that setting at "Auto" before plugging in the camera. What's additionally bizarre is that, when I select the raw Camera 1 preview from the drop down menu at the top of the software, I either get nothing, or I get the video stream from the camera, but it is on a slow 1 sec on / 1 sec off flicker. Any thoughts?

2. The Output HDMI port on the Mini Pro seems to only work with some HDMI TVs, and I cannot figure out why. It is not an HDMI cable issue, either, because I've tried with several cables. I've even tried through a non-powered HDMI splitter with no luck. I have one TV where it works, and a second where it doesn't. There's no indication that the HDMI ports between the two TVs are different (although, TBH, there's not much spec data on the ports for either TV).

Sorry about the long post. Hopefully someone has some input on either issue above. Thanks!

-Jason

creams0da

Re: HDMI port issues on new ATEM Mini Pro

PostMon Oct 12, 2020 12:05 am

I have the same Camera and the same issue with HDMI port 1 on an ATEM Mini Pro. I've worked around it by using another port but the picture in picture features of port 1 have made me want to get this figured out.

I'm planning on trying the 1080p30 setting from the camera to see if that works but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

TemporalKinetics

Re: HDMI port issues on new ATEM Mini Pro

PostMon Oct 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Get a UpDownCross and route it through there with the same resolution/frame rate and it should work. That is what I had to do with my Panasonic AG-UX180 which was not being converted properly with a Blackmagic Bidirectional Converter.

Return to Live Production