New ATEM Mini Pro - DHCP Failure, refusal to go online

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tyrip04

New ATEM Mini Pro - DHCP Failure, refusal to go online

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 am

I just received my Mini Pro that I had ordered in early May, and loved seeing the multiview and switching options as I tried them, but I have been unable (as well as BM support phone person) to get this box online and ON AIR.

The first thing I did was set up a static IP address, but once connected to my switch via ethernet, YouTube would not load, showing NO DATA.

I tried DHCP, but it will kick it over to a 169.254.1.0 address, way outside of my gateway, in no-man's land.

Any time I try to go live I get a flashing red ON AIR with no timecode moving, and no outside communication from the ethernet port of the Mini Pro.

We tried pairing via ethernet to my notebook instead of USB, which can happen but takes forever, but then it's IP is way off, and tried rebooting and resetting, re-checking network info, etc. I even just tried it at my house, where earlier I was at my office, still nothing. I also tried grabbing the stream key to my personal Facebook and that also yields nothing.

Do I just have a bad NIC card in the Mini Pro, or do you have other ideas that I should try? Thanks, I am REALLY hoping to use this soon and it's proving incredibly frustrating.

tmrufe

Re: New ATEM Mini Pro - DHCP Failure, refusal to go online

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 4:11 pm

What's the port settings on your network switch?

If the DHCP is pulling something that off, it sounds like there's really no connection happening between your switch and your ATEM, or at least they aren't talking to each other.

I would confirm you can ping from another computer on the switch to the ATEM, whether that's static or DHCP- just to see if anything can even 'see' the ATEM when it's hooked up...

redrob

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 pm

I know this may seem like a silly question but -- do you have access restrictions enabled on your switch?

I did have them on and was also having problems getting it to stream out until I had my *DUH* moment and authorized the device on my network. Instant fix! :D

tyrip04

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 2:33 am

I've tried it on two different networks. One was 192.168.0.xxx and the other 192.168.1.xxx and the outcomes were all the same. Grabs a 169... address and nothing.

No, there is no access restriction on either network.

BM support asked me to try a factory reset so I will give that a shot and see where it goes tomorrow morning.

Pinging to the static IP I set did not work. It seems the ATEM won't accept or won't save the static IP I try to set up.

Return to Live Production