Ultrastudio 4K Mini audio "choppy" in OBS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

harrisonhal266

Ultrastudio 4K Mini audio "choppy" in OBS

PostThu Jul 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Hello all,

Anyone having issues with Ultrastudio Mini or Mini 4K with SDI (or HDMI as I have tried both) with embedded audio? I connect the Ultrastudio to a PC running OBS and the audio has a hard time of "keeping up" with the video signal although they both look and sound fine using the built-in monitor/headphone jack on the 4K Mini. It seems there's something up with OBS and Ultrastudio compatibility as it is doing the same thing on multiple different computers and I have tried multiple different resolutions, etc.

Your thoughts?
Hal

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Ultrastudio 4K Mini audio "choppy" in OBS

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm

If you try using the UltraStudio 4K Mini with Media Express (the preview and capture software included with the Desktop Video drivers), do you still see the same problems?

This will help determine whether the problem is related to the video input source, the drivers, or OBS specifically.

Lofofa74

Re: Ultrastudio 4K Mini audio "choppy" in OBS

PostMon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem in obs or Streamlabs obs with a DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K.

When I use Media express, it's ok.

I try to change the camera, the hdmi cable, the computer. no change

But, in obs, when I change the "mode" in the propriety of the source "Blackmagic" from auto to an other, the sound is ok, but the video disappears.

Return to Live Production