HDMI Inputs Not Working ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sallison87

HDMI Inputs Not Working ATEM Mini Pro

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Hey

I purchased a new ATEM mini Pro. I have connected camera and PC to its HDMI inputs, however, only input 2 actually comes up with an image on the screen - the rest come up as a black screen with no picture. If I plug the camera into hdmi input 2 I get a perfect image, when I move it to 1, 3 or 4 I get the black screen.

I have tried multiple cables and changing the input settings away from auto in the control panel but nothing gets me a picture on the other inputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stephen Allison

stphntylr

Re: HDMI Inputs Not Working ATEM Mini Pro

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 6:36 pm

I am having the same issue except only input 1 is working. Also getting intermittent glitches and drop outs. Just updated all software. Tried multiple cables. Etc.

Dave Del Vecchio

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm

HDMI input 1 on the ATEM Mini is handled differently from the other inputs, as discussed in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118327

calvin galabuzi

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 11:57 pm

I also had the same problem , i even had to purchase original hdmi cables, till i had to do changes with my camera output settings on hdmi out resolutions, ( 4k sony and 4k panasonic cameras are my favourite.)
all my cameras are set to 1080p 60fps or 30fps or 24fps but they failed to apppear in HDMI 2 3 and 4 on atem. so i reduced to 720p on the cameras on those inputs and it worked and there was no issue anymore.
my atem mini pro output is set to 1080p 30fps but they support 10 fps upto 60fps

rherbes

PostWed May 10, 2023 5:27 pm

Thanks all, your posts saved me many more days of troubleshooting, and buying more cables to try with my input #2 HDMI input wasn't working,,,, I was able to get 1080p 60 frames to work in input #1 but not #2-3 or 4, no matter what cable, I lowered camera #2 to 30 frames and it finally worked, so thanks a lot! stupid why HDMI #1 accepts different specifications than 2-4!! really now!

Eric-Jan

PostThu May 11, 2023 10:25 am

rherbes wrote:Thanks all, your posts saved me many more days of troubleshooting, and buying more cables to try with my input #2 HDMI input wasn't working,,,, I was able to get 1080p 60 frames to work in input #1 but not #2-3 or 4, no matter what cable, I lowered camera #2 to 30 frames and it finally worked, so thanks a lot! stupid why HDMI #1 accepts different specifications than 2-4!! really now!

Has to do something with RGB spectrum/channel layer superimpose ? which is special on 1st HDMI input.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Live Production