My LCD monitor shows nothing on 1080p30

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

katadair

My LCD monitor shows nothing on 1080p30

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 pm

I have a portable 15.6" LCD monitor that's awesome that I use as a secondary monitor when I'm recording video for instructional videos because it has a native 1920x1080 resolution. Camtasia, which I use for recording, has to downsample my Retina display (essentially a 4K monitor) on my Mac and it makes things fuzzy. I have never had a problem with this portable monitor.

However, during my first live broadcast, we ran into a huge problem. ATEM Software Control would not let me switch to a 1080p30 or 29.97 frame rate without blanking out the monitor. This monitor works fine with a 60 fps or 59.97 fps. It is a full HD 1080p display.

Is there some requirement of the video out that might make it incompatible with some monitors? Here is a link to the monitor: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Monitor ... B07V1SQ966

And yes, I know the answer is just buy a Blackmagic monitor, but the one I can afford is too small, and still a stretch when my priorities right now are getting camera inputs and other things sorted out. If I can use an existing monitor for the time being, that's a little more budget friendly.

(I'm new to the ATEM Mini Pro, so please be kind...I have extensive experience with Final Cut Pro, Motion, ZBrush and other CAD, and I'm a former technical trainer and Systems Engineer for Apple...but I'm having difficulty making connections between that type of editing and live broadcasting. I have spent days trying to get my head around this and need your help. Our first live broadcast with the ATEM Mini Pro was NOT successful and I'm not sure why...the frame rate sent to YouTube was 60 fps, and the video recorded to the drive sucked. We're trying to save a local art studio that's at risk of failing because of COVID, and if I can get this working, with my training experience, I can help other artists and studios take their learning online. I'll put this out there...if there's anybody who might be interested in getting started with ZBrush, I'd even be willing to trade coaching.)

Darren Kelly

Re: My LCD monitor shows nothing on 1080p30

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 2:30 am

I bought a brand new 32 inch Samsung curved monitor. It would display anything. Gave an error message about frequency not being the same.

Darren Kelly

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 2:30 am

I bought a brand new 32 inch Samsung curved monitor. It would display anything. Gave an error message about frequency not being the same.

Darren

Darren Kelly

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 2:32 am

It’s a USB 2 monitor. These products want HDMI.

Darren[/quote]

AndyMcHardy

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 3:47 pm

How are you connecting your ATEM Mini to this Monitor?
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Return to Live Production