Multicamera sync Issues using Atem Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jeepkort

Multicamera sync Issues using Atem Mini

PostTue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 pm

Im currently running 3 of the Avi 1081 cameras in a Dance Theater. I am running Hdmi from cameras to Ethernet extenders and capturing the images /sound with a atem mini controller. My issue is 2 cameras sync are fine. They are using a small cat 5 extender and my third camera is out of sync. It is using a larger extender. Could the fact that the 2 In sync cams use the same extender and the one out of sync cam uses a different Extender be my Cause for out of sync? should they all use the same Brand/model of cat5 extender.

draymond

Re: Multicamera sync Issues using Atem Mini

PostMon Aug 10, 2020 9:37 pm

Mike, do you mind sharing what HDMI extenders you are using? I tried to use an HDMI extender over Cat6 on a cable run of about 250ft. and it did not work with any of our cameras.

AndyMcHardy

Re: Multicamera sync Issues using Atem Mini

PostTue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

Best practice when using multiple cameras is to keep everything in the chain the same, so I would suggest getting another converter that matches the ones used by the cameras that are in sync.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Return to Live Production