ATEM MINI PRR - Incorrect color on Input 4

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

wgu1953

ATEM MINI PRR - Incorrect color on Input 4

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 9:59 pm

We are using the following:

ATEM MINI PRO
Input 1 - Camcorder 1
Input 2 - Camcorder 2
Input 3 - empty
Input 4 - feed from Easy Worship Foldback. This feed is fed from a USB to HDMI converter. Input 4 works fine for lower thirds, but when trying to use full screen graphics, the feeds are not the correct color.

I am wondering if the current Input 4 feed would show correct color if plugged into Input 1. The computer we are using only has one HDMI port and does not have DVI, so we cannot use a Matrox Dual Head 2 Go.

Any suggestions?

throwfirewoodatblackmagic

Re: ATEM MINI PRR - Incorrect color on Input 4

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 4:23 am

Heya Gary,

I think this is a colour space phenomenon. I have the same setup. My Mac feed (worship lyrics etc) comes up too dark. So I changed the Mac colour space to Adobe RGB and that's an improvement. I think we would have to build a custom colour profile to match our desktops.

Hope that helps!

Paul

MDARltd

Re: ATEM MINI PRR - Incorrect color on Input 4

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Hi

Has there been any news on this ?

I have had great success with the Atem Mini range (I have setup about 6 so far).

Whenever I have connected an Odroid C2 or C4 as a source, the colours are spot on with Atem Mini Pro, however.

I've just tried a 3rd monitor on my main computer as an input into an Atem Mini Pro (this one happens to be an ISO) running V8.6 firmware, using a USB3 to HDMI adapter, which says that it is a Trigger 6 External Graphics branded device.

It seems to be that the Blue and Red channel have been swapped, so I assume this is some kind of EDID profile error.

Is there a monitor profile that I can load into this Windows 10 Pro machine?

(For reference, I have an old Acer Aspire 7210G laptop that is very happy to give a DVI input into the Atem Mini, with the correct colour, curiously, if I plug the Atem directly into the computer's native HDMI output, the colour is correct. This is a Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 device)

Return to Live Production