ATEM Mini Pro ISO - ISO recording quality

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

robinchee

ATEM Mini Pro ISO - ISO recording quality

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 12:11 am

We can set the recording quality of the HDMI out, but is there a way to set the recording quality of the ISO HDMI in? I've just got mine ATEM Mini Pro ISO, but can't find a way to set the quality. The ISO HDMI in file sizes are much larger than Hyperdeck Low quality.
Robin Chee, Singapore
ATEM Mini Pro ISO, Fuji XT4, Aputure lights, Zoom

Andrew Martin

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO - ISO recording quality

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 3:57 pm

No not at this time.
The recorded program output will be set using the dropdown value entered in the streaming section.

The source iso recordings are automagically set by the ISO encoders themselves they select the highest bandwidth available to them on the USB bus. Upto 70mb.

This way the ISO recordings cant be effected if you are limited by the streaming constrains of a venus internet bandwidths, youll always have better quality files to use in post.

The ISO file size values do appear to adjust slightly depending on the project framerate selected in the Atem. If you choose a 1080/ 25 project the files are smaller than a 1080/ 50 project.
Same obvs. between 30 & 60 framerates.

Not only because your generating less data but the ISO encoders data rate seem to reduce also.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Marc Salvatore

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 4:27 pm

This is great and what I was hoping for in the new ISO model. Recently had to stream at 2mbps and the resulting output on the program record while pretty good for the low bitrate was not up to par.
ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 / i7-5820K / 64gb ram / NVidea 2070 Super / Windows 10 / Resolve Studio / Speed Editor

holla2040

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 am

Andrew, you mention "depending on the project framerate selected in the Atem". Where can I choose 1080/25 project instead of 1080/50 in the ATEM? My ISO are enormous, some taking up to an hour to transfer over USB3. The PGM file size is seems fine. Thanks, I'll look around some more on the forums for an answer.
-- Craig Hollabaugh
holla@solohm.com

Return to Live Production