HDMI Output not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hbecerra

HDMI Output not working

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Last week after unpacking,I installed the ATEM mini with 3 sources to one output (Epson Projector) worked great for 3 days (no computer nor ethernet attached), after that, today I decided to go beyond installing the ATEM software control version 8.4, it did it without problem, after that it asked to UPGRADE de ATEM mini firmware, no problem, BUT now the HDMI its not working, and the HDMI output only works when the output is set to : CAMERA 1 DIRECT, so no effects, no switching at all, now it does not work even in stand alone mode, just 2 hdmi IN + HDMI out, NO computer, attached.

Its there any way to soft/hard reset, or go back in the firmware ?

hbecerra

Re: HDMI Output not working

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 pm

After talking with BM-Support, it looks like the problem its a software related problem generated by the installation of the version 8.4, that turns into unusable my device, which worked perfectly in stand alone mode and before any upgrade.

The man in support gently suggested to go back to version 8.1 and see if that force the ATEM to downgrade the fimware, that was correct, BUT it does not solved the problem ( no HDMI output ). I decided to install also 8.2 and 8.2.3 without luck, the suport guy kindly suggested to return the device to BlackMagic for a replacement, I that its an expensive option for me because I am located in other country, hope someone can suggest another fix or troubleshooting

hbecerra

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Just for the record, I decided to go back and install instead of the EPSON projector, a SAMSUMG TV 4K 55" in the HDMI output, and the HDMI works OK, I even installed the latests ATEM software and with the SAMSUMG TV it works ok, but with the EPSON projector doesn't, I even plug again all the inputs sources directly to the EPSON and every one works, so I believe its some kind of HDMI SYNC related problem between the ATEM and the PROJECTOR.
Any workaround tip or suggestion is welcomed

hbecerra

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 7:58 pm

FOLLOW UP

In the other POST I noticed some ideas regarding the inclusion of a "middle device" between the ATEM mini HDMI-out and the external device (Epson projector 1780W) so I opted to put a BMD Video Assistant 7" in the video out and everything start working as expected, that device can negotiate without a problem with the ATEMmini and send the signal to the EPSON.

I would like to see this annoyance fixed in a future firmware update in the ATEM mini, there must be some "basic" HDMI negotiation that almost all the devices can understand, by the way the epson supports, 1080p 30 and 60fps so the problem must be in a deeper layer of the negotiation. maybe DRM or another "special" kind of feature in the HDMI standard.

Hope this helps another user in the future

Andrew Martin

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Its possible the projector wont work with the project res /frame rate that the Atem is currently set to. Try altering the output setting to other framerates to see if it works with other settings. The HDMI passthrough is a direct throughput so what goes in comes out untouched and that path doesnt change on the hdmi out only inside the atem does it change to the project resolution /fr.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

stephanmelchior

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 10:55 am

Same situation over here in my webinar studio.
I've got a Samsung 40" 4K TV set, and it does not pickup the signal from the ATEM Mini Pro ISO (or maybe there is no signal). I've tried all frame rates, no luck.

Funny enough: when I connect the ATEM mini HDMI output to my Elgate Camlink to my USB port in the computer, I can see the image in OBS Studio (program view, Multi View...etc). Just on the TV its not working.

Any ideas Blackmagic?
Thank you
Stephan

hbecerra

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 pm

When conected directly via HDMI to my projector, the AppleTV, my 2018 MacBookPro 15" with Apple HDMI adapter, a Canon Vixia and 2 other computers works PERFECTLY, BUT when I am using the ATEMmini in the middle it simple does not works, the ONLY way its to connect one of those to INPUT 1 and select "CAMERA 1 DIRECT" using the Atem Menu of the ATEM SOFTWARE CONTROL, and that makes the ATEM mini useless, the projector supports 1080, x60 x 59.97 x 50 x 30 and I've already tried AUTO all those settings manually with the software.

Andrew Martin wrote:Its possible the projector wont work with the project res /frame rate that the Atem is currently set to. Try altering the output setting to other framerates to see if it works with other settings. The HDMI passthrough is a direct throughput so what goes in comes out untouched and that path doesnt change on the hdmi out only inside the atem does it change to the project resolution /fr.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MrGoose

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi everyone, same problem here. I've got 3 sources connected to my ATEM Mini, and the ATEM output is connected to an EPSON EB-L1505U, and nothing works. When sources are directly connected to the projector, everything works great. As some of you have already stated, using the direct output works as well on the ATEM. Placing a Roland V-02HD in between the ATEM and the VP fixes the problem.
So I've decided to replace the ATEM by the Roland mixer.
Quick question: how do you change the output resolution on the ATEM, I checked on their software, but can't find the menu for this.
Regards

howardtnyc

Uh oh- i made a mistake

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 9:27 am

I purchased an Atem Mini and was so happy with it I decided to return it to get the Mini Pro so I could get the multi view output.. but from reading posts here it appears this feature actually doesnt work.
The same monitor that worked great to show 1 source at a time when plugged into my Mini says NO SIGNAL when plugged into my Mini Pro. I have tried all the output resolutions and of course made sure the source is set correctly on the monitor.

I also tried upgrading to the latest firmware.

Since I see others are having the same problem, am I correct in assuming that this feature is not yet working on the mini pro and I should return it?

CraigRHC

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 pm

howardtnyc wrote:I purchased an Atem Mini and was so happy with it I decided to return it to get the Mini Pro so I could get the multi view output.. but from reading posts here it appears this feature actually doesnt work.
The same monitor that worked great to show 1 source at a time when plugged into my Mini says NO SIGNAL when plugged into my Mini Pro. I have tried all the output resolutions and of course made sure the source is set correctly on the monitor.

I also tried upgrading to the latest firmware.

Since I see others are having the same problem, am I correct in assuming that this feature is not yet working on the mini pro and I should return it?

Hmmm... So, the Mini Pro doesn't lose features. It adds Multiview. Are you connecting your monitor from the HDMI output or the USB-C output?

ManchesterV

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 7:45 pm

Firstly try updating the firmware on your ATEM to the current version.

If you still have issues with the HDMI output then it's possibly you are using a computer monitor rather than a TV.

Not all computer monitors will work with video equipment.

howardtnyc

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 9:06 pm

thx! but re
>>Not all computer monitors will work with video equipment.>>

understood but does iit make sense that a monitor that works with the atem mini wont work with the mini pro?

properpics

PostWed May 05, 2021 10:39 pm

I am having the same issue, the output of my ATEM mini will not display on my Epson Pro L1300U

properpics

PostWed May 05, 2021 11:14 pm

I figured it out! At least for me, I had to update the firmware on the Epson projector and it works perfectly now, seems to be a known issue (as far as epson is concerned) and they have already patched the firmware for most modern projectors.

Dave Sieg

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 4:09 pm

I have a ATEM mini pro that was working fine but the hdmi output stopped working when I upgraded to 8.4. I can see it on the usb output. What to do?
Dave Sieg
ZFx, inc.

Mike123

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Hi there,

I work for a small theatre and we just got a new epson el-1050u projector. We got sdi running from 4 different locations to a small serverrack where the atem mini was supose to go.

After 2 weeks discussing with thomann i finaly got the pro version since the normal version wasnt even alowing a usb-c connection.

I finaly recieved the pro version and tested it with multiple devices and they all seem to work fine, they provide picture and send it trough to a monitor.

However when is move from a monitor to the projector, the projector recognises that a device is connected but it remains just a blue output (like it doesnt get input)

I have tried firmware and software updates, tried updating the projector and tried changing the resolution on the projector to 1080p 60hz.

Does anyone have a posible solution i havent tried yet?

Sorry for the long post, normaly i dont visit forums.

fatmoon_media

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 9:21 am

Hi all,

I want to push this thread, as we currently have 2 Atem Mini Units (1x Pro, 1x Pro ISO) where the HDMI out Port is failing (green artefacts, picture drops out) or not working at all.

I assume it is an hardware issue, because the output via USB C is working. Both products where working flawless for over 15 months!

Both units were used stationary on a desk, sometimes switched on over longer periods.

I am very concerned about this, as we tend to point clients to buy the ATEM Mini products for stationary streaming solutions. Especially if they want a simple and easy to use setup.

If someone has additional information about this issue it would be nice to share it.

symfnblue

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 10:02 pm

I bought an ATEM MINI pro from B & H a few months ago and had to exchange it. Out of the box the HDMI out was glitching on the monitor. The exchanged one I just opened has the same exact problem. Luckily I'm borrowing an older used one and it works just fine to compare with.

I didn't try updating the firmware and it wasn't suggested by B&H so I'm just going to return it for my money back.

The model number on the working used on is 7048835
The model number on the new glitchy one is 10725775

I posted a You Tube Video about it.
[https:]//youtu.be/HhzmthY2Q3U

mcdaniel0073

PostTue Aug 22, 2023 8:32 pm

I bought an Atem Mini Pro around 60 days ago and the HDMI out worked perfectly out of the box with a 10-inch LILLIPUT A11 4k Monitor. Then today it suddenly stopped working.

Things that I know, and things that I've done:
- it is running version 8.6.3 of the software
- it is connected to ethernet, which works fine
- the usbc-c output also works fine.
- inputs 1 and 2 work fine. i've never used inputs 3 nor 4
- I've verified that the Lilliput monitor works
- I tried a factory reset, without success

I don't know what else to attempt.

Return to Live Production