ATEM Mini Pro as webcam over ethernet?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

joberster

ATEM Mini Pro as webcam over ethernet?

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 1:04 pm

TLDR; I want to stream to third-party re-streaming platforms using a hard-wired ethernet connection while recording via USB-C. How?

I know that using USB-C I can obviously use the ATEM Mini products as a webcam input on various streaming platforms within their respective software, but my question is regarding doing so over ethernet. We have various clients, some of which use third party streaming services (in this case Streamyard) to stream to multiple platforms at once. I was unable to get Streamyard to recognize the ATEM Mini Pro when the ATEM was connected to my MacBook Pro via ethernet, so I ended up connecting it with USB-C. This is all well and good, except I would also like the option to record to SSD at the same time, which I was unable to do. We had to rely on the YouTube recording with all its compression as our backup/archival recording which is not ideal. I should also note that we've been renting the ATEM Mini Pro, but plan to purchase the ISO model, so a workaround to record program feed is not an option because we plan to take advantage of the full recording capabilities of the ISO model in the future.

So is streaming to third party services over ethernet possible? Please keep in mind that I am not a networking professional in the least, so the built-in hardware streaming in the ATEM Mini line is a bit intimidating to me, especially when trying to use these third-party multi-platform streaming services.

Thanks!

-Joe-
-Joe-

eriknielsen

Re: ATEM Mini Pro as webcam over ethernet?

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am

Joe - did you ever resolve this issue?

Michael_Andreas

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 am

This YouTube video might help:

Dave Del Vecchio

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

The built-in internet streaming support of the ATEM Mini Pro uses the RTMP protocol. You should be able to stream to most streaming platforms that can receive an RTMP stream as input.

I'm not sure that StreamYard is capable of receiving an RTMP stream as it seems to expect a webcam input.

I believe people have had success streaming to multiple destinations from the ATEM Mini Pro using services such as Restream.io and Castr.

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 10:42 pm

My friend is using streamyard .. U send video from ATEM with USB and WEBpage client is sending stream to streamyard server .. And streamyard can deliver this stream to another streaming providers ..
Usb is used for streaming , so U cannot record onto usb disk ..
http://www.media-planet.sk
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://tally.pytkin.sk

Return to Live Production