ATEM Mini Pro ISO not registering as a webcam

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

HideHyde

ATEM Mini Pro ISO not registering as a webcam

PostWed Sep 23, 2020 9:16 am

Hi all,

The last couple of days I've been learning my way around the BlackMagic ATEM Mini Pro ISO. I've run into some issues when trying to use the device for a livestream, and record onto a separate harddrive at the same time.

When connected through USB-C to a mac, it does recognise the ATEM as a microphone input, but not as a webcam. I've checked the security settings, and camera-usage is allowed. When I unplug the USB-C connection whilst the Ethernet-cable is connected, I lose all control/inputs from the ATEM.

The strange thing is, yesterday I got it to work, and did a small test livestream using the Ethernetcable to control the ATEM, and used the USB-C to record the stream to a separate hard drive.

I've done a full reinstall of the software, tried it on a different mac, but sadly to no avail. I've repeated the steps I took yesterday multiple times, but also no succes.

I don't know which step I'm missing, but I'm obviously missing something/doing something wrong. Is anyone able to provide some support? I can add more info if needed!

Return to Live Production