Hyperdeck mini choosing clips?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

gurumonkey

Hyperdeck mini choosing clips?

PostWed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Everyone.

I've been using a television studio 4k and a bunch of other Blackmagic stuff for the past 2 months. Still getting the hang of it. Today I'm connecting our hyperdeck mini for the first time. I have two clips on an SD card (both recorded from the mini itself). As I understand it, I can use the previous and next buttons to get to the clips. But I can't. I can only see the most recent clip. I tried searching the forums and have looked in the manual but just have no idea what is going on. I can see both clips easily if I plug the SD card into my computer. Are there quirks with playback on these things? I have yet to network the device (hopefully soon), but shouldn't the previous and next buttons work for me?

I appreciate your help.

Steve Fox

Re: Hyperdeck mini choosing clips?

PostThu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 pm

The Hyperdeck mini is picky about the clips that are on an SD card. I have been dealing with this recently. Each clip has to be the same frame rate and resolution along with format, It also will not playback H.264 files unless they are recorded on the Hyperdeck. If you can see one file but not the second file. Look at the files using the computer and make sure the files are the asme format, frame rate and resolution. I had file that were 1080p 29.97fps and 1080p 30fps on the same SD card and the Hyperdeck would only see one format not both. The key is to make sure all files are the same format

gurumonkey

Re: Hyperdeck mini choosing clips?

PostThu Oct 08, 2020 7:52 pm

I will check that out Steve, but I do know that all the files were recorded directly on the hyperdeck mini, and many were just different parts of the same video broadcast so formats should have been exactly the same.

Any ideas?

I checked it again today and I can not skip to the next or previous clip from the hyperdeck itself, but I can choose different clips on the software control.

Return to Live Production