Colors are wrong when sending HDMIout to projector

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

henriklevinsen

Colors are wrong when sending HDMIout to projector

PostWed Sep 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Using Mini PRO for live production. Sending HDMIout to monitors or projectors so audience can watch. BUT today I'm in an auditorium where I've never been before, and the colors come out wrong.
Plugging a PC to the auditorium HDMI colors look fine, but plugging Mini PRO to auditorium HDMI colors are wrong.
Can someone please help me!

ManchesterV

Re: Colors are wrong when sending HDMIout to projector

PostWed Sep 30, 2020 5:12 pm

It's likely a YUV/RGB issue. See if the venue has a scaler/matrix with settings or on the projector itself.

SPSW AVCoord

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 am

Thank you for this because we are having the exact same issue with us but we are using a community center and the projector is connected to an iPad controlled switch that doesn’t allow the user advanced controls to the projector which is a hitachi projector. I’ll try and see if I can figure out some way to get into the settings but right now no luck. Is there any other way to fix this if I cannot access the projector settings?

eug__k

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 3:36 am

If it's a YUV/RGB issue, you can use a converter like a Decimator MD-HX. I had to use one with one of our Sony projectors that would not work with HDMI YUV.

The symptoms were the same - a laptop plugged in to the same projector input would work, but the output of an ATEM Mini (which is HDMI YUV) would not.

Return to Live Production