Ultrastudio mini recorder not detected Microsoft Teams / Mac

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kubicixfactor

Ultrastudio mini recorder not detected Microsoft Teams / Mac

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 am

Hi, hope someone can help me with this problem! I've installed my Ultrastudio Mini/ATEM TVS HD on a fresh OS Catalina (10.15.6) build. All working ok and input is showing in desktop video.

If I try to connect to a Microsoft Teams meeting, the camera isn't detected - in the Catalina Security & Privacy settings Microsoft Teams isn't showing up, so it looks like there's no way to enable the camera for Teams (it does however show Zoom and that works ok). Interestingly the camera is detected if I connect to Microsoft Stream.

Any advice please? My client is running their session as a Microsoft Teams Meeting, so that's the only option. If the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder won't work, will a BM Web Presenter work for this? Or are there any other alternatives? I've tried OBS and that doesn't work either :(

RichardJolly

Re: Ultrastudio mini recorder not detected Microsoft Teams /

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 9:09 am

It shouldn't work. I am surprised if you get pictures in Zoom. Those softwares are expecting a UVC (USB video device class) input, the Mini Recorder is higher spec. Either you use OBS, Wirecast, etc to convert to virtual camera out (OBS won't convert audio, Wirecast could be tricky with sound), or my recommendation for an HDMI input would be this which converts HDMI up to 4K to USB2 UVC input - so it looks like a webcam and is accepted by everything, for a very pounds/dollars:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIWUER-Capture ... _rp_1_1_dc

I use about 10 of these, have posted them to remote contributors and use 2 in one laptop alongside a Mini Recorder, all going into Wirecast for vision mixing from multiple Zoom sources.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RichardJolly

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 9:10 am

RichardJolly wrote:It shouldn't work. I am surprised if you get pictures in Zoom. Those softwares are expecting a UVC (USB video device class) input, the Mini Recorder is higher spec. Either you use OBS, Wirecast, etc to convert to virtual camera out (OBS won't convert audio, Wirecast could be tricky with sound), or my recommendation for an HDMI input would be this which converts HDMI up to 4K to USB2 UVC input - so it looks like a webcam and is accepted by everything, for a very few pounds/dollars:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIWUER-Capture ... _rp_1_1_dc

I use about 10 of these, have posted them to remote contributors and use 2 in one laptop alongside a Mini Recorder, all going into Wirecast for vision mixing from multiple Zoom sources.

Kubicixfactor

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks Richard,

That's a useful link, I've ordered one so I'll give it a test tomorrow when it arrives. So I'm hoping that a connection from the TVS HD PGM out into this (via an SDI-HDMI convertor) will get me going with Teams Meetings?

As mentioned it works absolutely fine with Zoom. I can't get OBS to work with Teams, it recognises audio but again doesn't show up in the privacy settings on Catalina so no way to get the camera enabled. Very frustrating.

RichardJolly

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 9:38 pm

My experience has been that anything works with the HDMI dongle. I've only connected 1080i50 from cameras, but have connected various laptop HDMI outputs.

Return to Live Production