Recommended ssd for the Atem mini pro iso

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

diegofayalal

Recommended ssd for the Atem mini pro iso

PostSat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to get the Atem mini pro iso but i can't find any information about what ssd should I use. I found sandisk ssd would work well, I find too a video who says samsung's T7 have troubles with the Atem. So, which ssd should I pick? Any personal experience about bang for the buck ssds?

imgmkr

Re: Recommended ssd for the Atem mini pro iso

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 12:24 pm

hey~ i'm searching for the same info and concluded that only 2 of SSD are relieable cadidates, Samsung T5 and SanDisk SDSSDE60 or Extreme (model naming differsdepending on the region). It seems that BM officially dose not say compatibilites... hmm, why not??? :roll:
Anyhow, with T5 or SanDisk there might be glitches with them recording, time to time. Hope it helps.
I would recommend steady power supply to Atem Mini Pro so that power surge or hiccup do not affect SSD power suppply and writing. I'm considering draggin' a UPS at locations :twisted:

Jim Simon

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 4:12 pm

The Samsung T5's are well tested and very reliable.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

jaspernonces

PostWed Oct 21, 2020 11:55 pm

I just bought 12- T5 -1TB drives for a project I was working on & had some sorts of issues.
We were iso recording & program.... 1 out of every 5 or 6 "takes" would end up "missing" from the drives. On multiple mac's & PC 's could not find the "missing" files, not hidden or anything. MY friend had to use Disk Drill, and RECOVER all of the "missing" videos.
The entire folder would be gone.... needless to say it was a very scary 2 days of almost 200 different takes, having to "recover" probably 25-30 video folders.
I'm not yet sure if what happened is a problem with the T5 drives themselves, of the ISO Pro...
I thought I was going to DIE.

Return to Live Production