Input Blinking (ATEM Mini Pro)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Luke_L

Input Blinking (ATEM Mini Pro)

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 pm

I am trying to send a presentation from my Mac to the ATEM mini pro and a projector. I am using a Kramer matrix switcher 4x2. The signal comes from the Mac to the matrix and then goes to the projector and ATEM. The issue is that the screen signal that the ATEM receives blinks. The projector is not blinking.

I tried directly connecting the ATEM to the Mac and it worked fine. I did EDID on the matrix. I messed around with the resolution and refresh rates both for the Mac display output and the settings in the ATEM software. While different refresh rates made the blinking faster or slower, nothing resolved the blinking. I also tried hooking up a camcorder to the matrix and the atem received the signal fine without blinking.

Any suggestions on why the ATEM is blinking when receiving the signal from the Mac through the matrix?

Thank you,

jhopson3

Re: Input Blinking (ATEM Mini Pro)

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 5:33 am

I have the exact same problem with a Kramer 6x6 matrix switch. I run the output through a 1x4 splitter. All other receivers (quad view screen, projector, other monitors) are fine but the input I run into the ATEM switcher (mini pro iso) flashes between black and pictures (about once per second - 1 second black, 1 second picture, 1 second black, ...) This happens for that input in the multi-view window and full view. I've tried changing EDID, changing ATEM resolution/frequency, etc. to no avail. Did you find any solution?

Jim Simon

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Seems like the ATEM Mini models prefer a direct device connection without D/A's or such in between.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Luke_L

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Well it works fine when I run the camera through the Kramer Matrix and then to the ATEM.its just when I run the computer through it.

mikecohn

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 7:11 am

Exactly the same problem here. I am using a J-Technology 8x8 matrix. I get the blinking on both multi-view and when the video out is set to the output of the computer. I've tried two computers and an iPad as input. I've also shortened all HDMI cables and tried fiber HDMI cables. The display always blinks through a matrix. I've also tried signal boosters on both sides of the matrix and it still doesn't work.

This is very frustrating. I believe it works with the SDI video hub but I've heard it's noisy and that would cause problems for me. (Plus all my equipment is HDMI not SDI.)

Anyone having success using a matrix to send input into the ATEM Mini Pro Iso (or any ATEM, I suspect), your advice would be appreciated.

robarb

PostThu Mar 14, 2024 4:10 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this? The problem still exists and is very frustrating. Thanks.

Return to Live Production