ATEM Mini Pro iPhone HDMI input cropped

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

katadair

ATEM Mini Pro iPhone HDMI input cropped

PostSun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Greetings! Newbie question...

I have an ATEM Mini Pro, and have been using different iPhone and iPad inputs. The only device that somewhat fills the screen is the iPhone 6 Plus, but if I connect my iPhone X or iPad Pro, it does not fill the screen. I'm using the Apple HDMI output cable, and I've tried different apps, but mostly FiLMiC Pro because I can eliminate the onscreen controls. I'm bringing the ATEM Mini Pro into Zoom for online art instruction.

Ideally, I'd just buy a Pocket 4K or 6K, but that's not in the budget yet.

Is there a way to crop the screen of the input? I don't know the right questions to ask, but I can tell that each device is coming in a little differently, even though the output is supposed to be 1920x1080.

Alternatively, is there an app to run on the iPhone that will force it to transmit the correct 1920x1080 image over the HDMI cable?

Many thanks!

jduvick

Re: ATEM Mini Pro iPhone HDMI input cropped

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 3:42 am

Hi I faced the same problem a few months back... the app I’ve found that works best to deliver clean 16:9 video from an iDevice is Airmix Solo from Teradek. It’s a free download. It also has exposure balance and optical zoom if available.
Jon

Return to Live Production