timecode jam INTO BMPCC6k & Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mikevideo

timecode jam INTO BMPCC6k & Mini Pro

PostSun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm

I have a BMPCC6k and a mini pro switcher set up for a remote shoot (actually, we have several)

I need to be able to jam timecode across all the cameras....

we can jam into the camera, but as soon as we plug in the mini pro switcher, the camera jumps to the TC coming from the switcher...

can I somehow then Jam the SWITCHER with timecode that could then force it to the camera?

thanks

M

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: timecode jam INTO BMPCC6k & Mini Pro

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm

There's not really any way to jam sync the built-in timecode generator on the ATEM Mini Pro. Some of the larger ATEM switchers have built-in timecode inputs for this purpose, but this is missing from the ATEM Mini (probably in part due to space reasons).

It is possible to set the starting timecode of the built-in generator through the ATEM Software Control panel, but you can't really achieve frame-level accuracy using this mechanism (as you can only set the timecode down to the second).

jallen0

Re: timecode jam INTO BMPCC6k & Mini Pro

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Have you tried it using a Tentacle Sync plugged into the camera? I would think that would force the timecode to stay the same.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Return to Live Production