Multiple Instances of a Live Feed from Intensity Pro?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
JClausen

Multiple Instances of a Live Feed from Intensity Pro?

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 am

We are in the final stages of tech for a theatrical production and are using the Intensity Pro (HDMI) to playback live HD video at 1080i. The video is being bridged via Quartz Composer in to QLab and I'm very happy with the video and hardware. All is working well with regard to the playing back the live feed on a single projector, however, it doesn't seem possible to work with more than one instance of the inbound signal - in this case, to play the same signal on multiple screens. When I preview the video signal in Quartz Composer, it will not allow it to be played in QLab. The reverse applies and this also occurs with Media Express. Once the video is open in another source, Media Express throws an error upon opening that there is no BlackMagic hardware installed. Media Express will not recognize the card again until a restart is performed. Essentially, in no case is the live feed allowed to be viewed in more than one instance or application simultaneously. I've also tested this with Premiere Pro with the same result.

My end result is that I would like to play the live feed on multiple screens (mirrored) and I believe issue to be either in the Intensity driver or in Quicktime. I've left work and set the project aside for the night but I'm hoping to resolve this last piece of the puzzle. Are there any known suggestions, tricks or an updated driver that will allow me to work with another instance of the live feed for Quartz to pick up and feed independently to QLab? I'm down-converting the live signal from 1080i to SD Anamorphic and Quartz Composer can broadcast the signal in either 1080i or NTSC/Pal - just not both at the same time.

Return to Live Production