Help! Atem Mini Pro not found in Software Control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Martin L

Help! Atem Mini Pro not found in Software Control

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi! I need urgent help.
My Atem Mini Pro doesn't communicate with the laptop. It did a few weeks ago, but not now.
Laptop is a HP Envy running perfectly with Windows 10. The Atem Mini Pro seems fine.

Alt 1. Connecting Atem to laptop using USB, Atem Software Control doesn't find the switcher. Streaming works though, so I can stream to Zoom for example and switch and all. But since the Software Control doesn't find the switcher anymore I can't use the Media player, keying and other stuff in the Software control.

Alt 2. Connecting using network cable directly fro the switcher to the laptop, Atem Software Control doesn't find the switcher.

Alt 3. Connecting using network cable from the switcher to the local network router works! Now the Atem Software Control comes on and everything works fine. It proves the switcher healthy (I think).

In just over a week I'll have a paid job streaming and I need it to work with Alt 2. The program will be recorded onto a USB memory, so the USB-C is not available for PC connection. Hence Alt 1 is not possible even if it worked. The event will be in a location where internet is over Wifi only but no wired connections. So Alt 3 is not possible either.

What can be wrong? Trying Alt 2 the Software Control actually sees my switcher but is unable to connect to it. See attached pictures.

I have updated the software to v8.5 today. It didn't help.
Is there any setting on the PC that need to be adjusted?
Anyone had the same?
Cheers,
Martin, Sweden
No switcher connected.JPG
No switcher connected.JPG (45.28 KiB) Viewed 7466 times

No switcher connected to network.JPG
No switcher connected to network.JPG (50.62 KiB) Viewed 7466 times

Switcher is detected.JPG
Switcher is detected.JPG (44.75 KiB) Viewed 7466 times

Jntinker

Re: Help! Atem Mini Pro not found in Software Control

PostFri Oct 30, 2020 3:54 pm

I had this same problem. I could not get the ATEM mini pro to connect to my computer via usb. To solve the problem I uninstalled the ATEM control software from my computer and then reinstalled. This seems to have fixed that issue.

I am however still having an issue with the ATEM mini pro not connecting properly to the ethernet. I seem to have found a solution but it is frustrating to need a solution. What I do to fix the problem is to
1. disconnect the ethernet cable
2. unplug the power from the ATEM
3. plug the power back in and let it boot completely
4. plug in the ethernet cable. You should see the green and yellow lights blinking.

Also, It does seem to be helpful to have a static IP address assigned but this does not fix the issue. Using a static IP only gives you a little extra confidence when you are troubleshooting. If the control software doesn't recognize the ATEM automatically you can type in the IP address.

Martin L

PostMon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Hey, thanks for your reply. I didn't see it until today.
I contacted BM support and they couldn't solve it via email advises so I send the unit in to them. They discovered the USB bus was faulty and sent me a brand new Atem Mini Pro - and this one works.
So that problem is solved.
Now that I try to connect the new unit using network cable it connects fine and works woth the Control software. However when starting at live stream to Youtube, Youtube doesn't receive anything. So I'm back to square one again.
I do think it's something with the laptop's wifi sharing but I can't find where to fix this. This happened on the forst unit too and I somehow managed to permit the Wifi connection to share its internet with the network cable. But now I seem unable to find where to go to get it right.

Any suggestions welcome.

Martin L

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 1:35 pm

I got the answer from BM Support, and it works:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply,

To enable Internet sharing, you will need to go to the Network and Sharing Centre and then select Change adaptor properties, then you will need to right click on the WiFi option and select Sharing, here you can share the WiFi's internet connection with devices connected via ethernet.

Cheers!

jibun no kage

PostMon Dec 25, 2023 1:47 am

But that answer makes NO SENSE. You should be able to see the ATEM on the network as a separate device, not just using a WiFi tethering solution. BM really needs to fix there TCP/IP stack implementation. For example, we continue have issues with PCs connecting to ATEMs via the Ethernet network, but on the same network/environment our Macs work fine. So the issue is between ATEM and Windows, but not explicitly Windows, in that every other function on the PC related to networking does work correctly. Even with the Windows 10 firewall disabled, still cannot connect to the ATEM over the network, I can ping it, the control software 'sees' it (reports its name) but will not connect to it via Ethernet. Seeing the name of the device qualifies that the TCP/IP stack is up, DNS (name service) is working, so it is being discovered, but never connected to.

Hey, BM there are a lot of forum entries on this issue, what is the progress solving it?

Return to Live Production