ATEM Mini ISO Pro - Buzzing audio problems (continuous)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

earmstrong

ATEM Mini ISO Pro - Buzzing audio problems (continuous)

PostSat Nov 07, 2020 6:47 pm

My new Atem Mini ISO PRO seems to have developed a continuous buzzing sound in both Mic lines.

I have eliminated a number of obvious issues that could be causing this, but nothing seems to resolve it.
This sound happens in both mic lines and is like an analogue buzz that is constant (we've ruled out lightning, something in the building etc and possible electrical devices nearby humming etc).
It's certainly not the actual mics, which have been checked, but we do notice that when recording onto an external hard-drive via the USBc port, this background buzzing is even more amplified and this is very notable on the sound on the playback via DaVinci Resolve.
Even when I record directly to QuickTime to the computer, there is a continual underlying buzz.
Though I can just about get away with this sound irritation when streaming into Teams, Skype etc. as it is less obvious, though still there, this has made the point of recording via the ATEM Iso really pointless as the audio is ruined.

I'd be really appreciative if anyone can suggest what this might be, or if I just need to return to get a replacement?

rslattery

Re: ATEM Mini ISO Pro - Buzzing audio problems (continuous)

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 6:29 pm

I have the same issue with a ATEM Mini Pro ISO. Buzzing on both mic inputs. The buzzing is not present when recording directly from the audio mixer. I bought the ATEM to streamline recording. Did you find a solution?

ManchesterV

Re: ATEM Mini ISO Pro - Buzzing audio problems (continuous)

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 12:03 pm

Describe exact the signal path, connectors, cables and any adapters from the sound source output to the ATEM input.

Return to Live Production