ATEM ISO created DaVinci files won’t open

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

gigerback

ATEM ISO created DaVinci files won’t open

PostSun Nov 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello,
About a week ago, I began having a problem importing/opening the DaVinci Resolve project files created by my ATEM MP ISO. I created 3 project files within 30 minutes; the first 2 will open in Resolve without any problem, the 3rd will not, I keep getting an error message "Failed to open archive".
It doesn't matter whether the project file is still on my external SSD, or has been transferred to my computer. All ISO created project files made before those 3 still open/import as normal.
I’m using a Mac Pro OS 10.14.6; DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7; ATEM switcher software 8.4...I’ve even tried opening the project files in Resolve on another Mac, but that doesn’t work either...Also, the files with the actual footage on them open/import normally without any problem.
I ran several tests yesterday to try to figure out this problem, but all the project files continue to fail to open/import into Resolve. Any ideas how to correct this? Thank you.

Christian71

Re: ATEM ISO created DaVinci files won’t open

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 3:43 pm

I have the same issue.

andyteel

PostThu May 12, 2022 9:24 pm

I got the same information from black magic support. My two projects were made the same day, but they were saying it was a version mismatch and I need to downgrade Resolve. I appreciate your help but I found a solution for those who are brave enough to try.

I opened a working project that I didn't need anymore and the corrupt file with TextEdit on a Mac, I assume any windows text and it would work as well not sure. I compared the files which kinda look like XML files, and I noticed the headers looked a little different. Add the beginning of the nonworking file there was a little string of text that looked out of place. And after carefully comparing it with the working file I just removed it because it appeared to have written it twice in the header. One at the front of the file and one where it was supposed to be in comparison to the other file.

I typically start my recordings with a fade to black, which in this case is what it looks like was the problem piece of code. Not saying that's how it will be for everyone but if your corrupt project is similar to one that is working check out the headers and see if something is duplicated or out of place.

This was my bad piece of code that was located at the very beginning of the file.
{"masterTimecode":"13:02:23:01","mixEffectBlocks":[{"fadeToBlack":"Active","_index_":0}]}

This was the code at the very beginning of the working file.
{"version":1,"masterTimecode":"09:59:36:02","videoMode":"1080p30","sources":

Like I said on the bad file that little piece of code was actually in there twice once where it was supposed to be and once at the very beginning so once I removed it from the beginning the file opened no problems.

!!Disclaimer, I do not work for black magic in this advices at your own risk!!
I hope this helps somebody.
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) • 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 • 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 • Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

2X BMPCC 6k Gen 1
ATEM Mini Pro ISO
DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio (Cloud)

Grafixsuz2

PostTue Jun 27, 2023 1:44 am

Thank you so much, I just had the same issue and removing the same bit of bad code

{"masterTimecode":"09:35:02;16","mixEffectBlocks":[{"fadeToBlack":"TransitionToActive","_index_":0}]}

fixed the file and now everything is working as it should, all cuts, etc work. Thank you.

Return to Live Production