HELP ATEM mini pro iso recording not showing on disk

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MrEivind

HELP ATEM mini pro iso recording not showing on disk

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi all.

I did a stream today and when I tried to access the disk there is no files showing.

The setup was a USB-C disk (Sandisk pro extreme somthing) 500Gb with exFAT filesystem.
Was recording about 300Gb of live stream today.

When I open the disk from windows there is one emty folder there, when I open the disk with a mac, there is nothing showing.

When inspecting the disk I see that there is used 330Gb, with 170Gb left free space.

Need some help here, need the recording before monday!

Any help is much appcreciated.

Update:
Disk drill on mac found the files and I have now all the files.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I am guessing that it was the file/project name.
It was saved using the ø æ å character in the name, maybe Blackmagic does not support special letters?
I don't know, but got it back.

MR.E

Xuan-Minh

Re: HELP ATEM mini pro iso recording not showing on disk

PostFri May 21, 2021 9:33 am

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I had the same issue yesterday after a 90 minute live show.

Cue panic when the recording was not there.

Disk Drill worked a CHARM! Such a relief!

But so annoying, WHY does this happen?

There were no special characters in the folder name.

AvidEditorMike

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 9:10 pm

So i just had this same experience. Did a 2h recording, rec was lit red as usual, checked and the drive was empty. We recorded the show again and this time it was there. I have downloaded the trial of Disk Drill and it's scanning now. It immediately found the files that were in a folder from the second recording and has found mp4 files with a file names I do not recognize (0000000049.mp4). Before I purchase the paid version is this the kind of file name it found for you guys? The file names of the second show have the name I gave the project ie Brian.mp4.

ken.english

PostTue Jun 27, 2023 5:20 pm

I know this is activating an old thread - I had the same "disappearing recording problem) and resolved it by shortening the session name to 8 characters (basically an old-school windows/dos guidance). That was a year ago, so something may have changed and it is no longer an issue, but I haven't checked (primarily because it was so annoying to root out in the first place).

Return to Live Production