HyperDeck Ethernet protocol missing port

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Christian Muths

HyperDeck Ethernet protocol missing port

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 4:51 am

I want to do some integration of the hyperderck in my studio and need to use the Ethernet protocol to create some automation program.
Right now I'm unable to connect to the gear, because the port number is not specified in the user guide. I just opened a ticket at tech support and hope to get this soon.
I tried with putty on PC and terminal on MAC but without success.
It looks like telnet is not supported so my guess is to use raw protocol but anyway I need a port number.
Did somebody succedd in connecting to the Hyper Deck Studio Pro ?
Or even better did somebody already develop a remote control app on PC, MAC, iPad or any other device to list the clips, select which one to play, create a play list, or start recording ?

JohnBengston

Re: HyperDeck Ethernet protocol missing port

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 8:00 am

Try port 9993

It is missing from the latest manual, but was given in 3.8.

Existing Software, iPad/iPhone:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9656&p=68244&hilit=ipad+hyperremote#p68244

And / or Scripting with:

http://www.atemuser.com/forums/atem-vision-mixers/blackmagic-atems/just-macros/hyperdeck-control

The 2nd link I am responsible for working on, and should be releasing the 3.9 update today / tomorrow.

Good Luck

John

Christian Muths

Re: HyperDeck Ethernet protocol missing port

PostSun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. I will test the hyper remote. I will develop automation software to manage playlists, run clips at a given time, ... But I'm doing this in loose time, so I don't know when it will be done.

There are some nice apps I didn't know. We have not yet atem switchers, but Panasonic, but in the future this may be useful.

Return to Live Production