Hyperdeck Studio Freezing

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

KBW

Hyperdeck Studio Freezing

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello,

We've had some issues with the Hyperdeck Studio freezing during clip playback. I've used two different SSDs, and it's occurred from both the left and right SSD slot. The SSDs are formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) per the manual and the clips are ProRes HQ 1080i50.

When it freezes (usually a few seconds into a clip), the green light continues to run around the SSD, even when I eject it. On each occasion, I've power-cycled the deck independently, which does the trick. I would like to determine what is causing this.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Aleksander Steffensen

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Freezing

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 9:39 pm

What's causing these freeze-ups is a mystery to me. I've had two units behaving very strangely, but the HyperDeck Studio Pro is working perfectly. If it is under warranty, I'd send it back to BMD. If not, throw it away and get a new one. They won't repair them, even if you offer to pay for it.
Steffensen Multimedia
http://www.stmm.no

Charles Sanchez

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Freezing

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 am

That is a versión update problem. Check what versión are you using, because the last one is produciendo that problem. Down grade to the versión 3.6 or 3.8 and you will solve the problem

Return to Live Production