Fitness Class Online Setup Help Required

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

eski701

Fitness Class Online Setup Help Required

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 6:26 am

Hi
Over Lockdown my gym has been doing Online Fitness Classes thru Zoom , but I want to improve the quality of them and have several cameras and better audio. So, I have invested in the Blackmagic ATEM Mini and have been trying to configure the setup attached
Setup.JPG
Current Setup
Setup.JPG (42.33 KiB) Viewed 169 times
but have the following issues.
1. I need a way to be able to easily switch camera angles whilst I am say on a studio bike taking a spin session, is this possible?

2. I need a way to play my playlist so I can hear it on my Bluetooth headphones and the customers can hear it via Zoom but don’t want to just play it on speakers so the Mic picks it up , so would prefer my Iphone to connect to the Mac so the and send it this way so the quality is better ( hope that makes sense)
3. My DSLR has a RODE mic ontop of it to pick up my voice etc, is it better to connect that to the DSLR camera and bring the sound in thru the HDMI or connect the Rode mic straight to the Black Magic ?
4. From a software point of view how is it best to handle this setup? I do have OBS Studio downloaded and the Blackmagic app but some clarity on this would be good as well please.

5. At present I only have the 1 DSLR camera can anyone recommend some relatively Small & cheap cameras I can use with HDMI so i can plug them into black magic input sort of like Gopro size.

Any help I can get with the above would be appreciate, need to bear in mind I only have 2 x thunder port connections to my Mac but I have bought a couple of adaptors so I can plug in HDMI and USB cables to them but I think I have realised the USB c cable from the Blackmagic Mini needs to be connected directly to the Mac without adaptor or it doesn’t work, so that possibly only leave the 1 spare
thanks in advance
chris

Return to Live Production