ATLONA HD500 HDM( HELP HELP HELP! ONSITE Help now please -

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Sickler

ATLONA HD500 HDM( HELP HELP HELP! ONSITE Help now please -

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 am

We are taping a conference, and I had run with the Atlona HD500 vga scaler.

We are having problems with atlonas, as they are having a couple of problems.

#1.

the scaler does not stretch the image. We have been fighting this all day, - it worked fine in practice, not working now. the image does not fill the screen.,

We are running at 72060p

The scaler has a problem with talking to the ATEM when we first connect them. The Atem does not see the atlona in the beginning, and it defaults each time we plug it in to 480p - How do I make the scaler remember the 720p settings.

We are having to bring a TV in and then setup the scaler then connect it to the rig. - in stead of it auto detecting.

Who has a good setup that is working each time.
that can give me advice on how to make these things work ... WE ARE AT THIS CONFERENCE AND IN A PICKLE.

Thanks,

Goerge
Last edited by George Sickler on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Sickler
Colorado Digital Video

Adam Simmons

Re: ATLONA HD500 HDM( HELP HELP HELP! ONSITE Help now please

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 am

You'd probably be better off phoning support. This is a user forum so it'll probably take longer for someone to get back
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

John Saunders

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Haven't used that box before so I can't help you there. When it justHAS to work we use an image pro but they are pretty pricey. We also use some brighteyes mitto products that work well.

On the little less expensive side I would look at some of the products that Extron and Kramer make.

Good luck and hope you get it worked out!
John Saunders

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 pm

So is the issue the input signal is in 4x3 ratio but that you want to stretch the signal so it fills the 720p 16x9 ratio format?

You can of course change the input resolution or have the powerpoint slides re-formatted so they are the correct aspect ratio (this would be best...as it will preserve circles etc)

If you want to scale the image you have to use the menu on the ATLONA to do that. Just click the Menu button and find the option for horizontal scaling/position.

I have not had a problem with having the ATLONA remember the settings. However I may have changed the output format from "Auto" to 720p.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production