OpenGear compatibility

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

christian.guatemala

OpenGear compatibility

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:00 am

I have a question about modular OpenGear, is compatibility with another tecnology how Harris/Leitch Frame 6800/6801?

Alexis Vanier

Re: OpenGear compatibility

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am

That's a negative. Most of those systems are closed systems and are mostly incompatible with each other.

That said, I have personally seen a few businesses transition from their Evertz and Miranda frames to Ross OpenGear with great success. I've personally deployed a fair share with both BMD and Ross cards and have been very happy with the results.

The DashBoard control system Ross has developed is a very, very, nice tool.
Last edited by Alexis Vanier on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis Vanier.

christian.guatemala

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks Alexis, do you know if the cards of these frames Harris (leitch) with the Adapters Cobalt 5000 series works in to the OpenGear?

Alexis Vanier wrote:That's a negative. Most of those systems are closed systems and are mostly incompatible with each other.

That said, I have personally seen a few businesses transition from their Evertz and Miranda frames to Ross OpenGear with great success. I've personally deployed a fair share with both BMD and Ross and have been very happy with the results.

The DashBoard control system Ross has developed is a very, very, nice tool.

Alexis Vanier

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 am

I'm fairly sure none of the Harris/Leitch stuff is going to work in OpenGear frames, but considering Cobalt also makes OpenGear cards, maybe they adapted a some of them. I suggest calling your supplier or Cobalt directly to get a real answer, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Alexis Vanier.

christian.guatemala

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am

Alexis Vanier wrote:I'm fairly sure none of the Harris/Leitch stuff is going to work in OpenGear frames, but considering Cobalt also makes OpenGear cards, maybe they adapted a some of them. I suggest calling your supplier or Cobalt directly to get a real answer, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks Alexis, im go to call them

Return to Live Production