USB-C Hub compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tamicaryn

USB-C Hub compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 2:51 pm

We have a new M1 MacBook Air (running Ecamm for our live stream and Worship Extreme for our lyrics, etc, display) and we would like to find a USB-C Hub that has an HDMI port that's compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K. Our church rents a space from another church that has an ATEM Production Studio 4K and they set aside one of its HDMI channels for us to use.

We are currently using a brand new Aukey USB-C 12-in-1 Hub and all the ports on it are working except we got no signal through the HDMI port from the Mac to the ATEM or the TV screens we were attempting to display to. We double checked the display settings, etc, and everything was set to 1080p. It could just be that the HDMI port on our Aukey is bad, but we aren't sure...

Anyway, when we switched to a basic standalone USB-C to HDMI adapter, it worked and we were able to get signal to the ATEM and out to the TVs, but we would prefer to use a hub to have fewer pieces of equipment to have to keep track of. Can anyone recommend a USB-C Hub that you know is compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K?

On this forum I saw that the Hyperdrive 8-in-1 was recommended to use with the ATEM Mini Pro, but I don't know if it will also work with the ATEM Production Studio 4K.

Or, if anyone has any other suggestions for display or frame rate settings we should be setting that would allow us to keep using the Aukey, that would also be great.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

cameron.morgan

Re: USB-C Hub compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi Tami - Are you sure your resolution settings are correct? I sometimes need to use SwitchResX or EasyRes to configure this on macOS.

Jim Simon

Re: USB-C Hub compatible with the ATEM Production Studio 4K

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 9:49 pm

cameron.morgan wrote:I sometimes need to use SwitchResX or EasyRes to configure this on macOS.
Same here. This is the beauty of the new Mini Pro and Extreme switchers. They have built-in scan convertors.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Live Production